Обсуждение: Max SQL file size?

Max SQL file size?

От
Aren Cambre
Дата:
I have a 349MB SQL file that I'd like to import into Postgres using pgAdmin III 1.12.1 on Windows 7 x86.

When I try to open the file, I get an unhandled exception:
error.png

It's not clear that pgAdmin provides any other way of running large SQL scripts. Is this a "use the command line" deal?

Aren Cambre
Вложения

Re: Max SQL file size?

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 15/12/2010 02:24, Aren Cambre a écrit :
> I have a 349MB SQL file that I'd like to import into Postgres using pgAdmin
> III 1.12.1 on Windows 7 x86.
>
> When I try to open the file, I get an unhandled exception:
> [image: error.png]
>
> It's not clear that pgAdmin provides any other way of running large SQL
> scripts. Is this a "use the command line" deal?

I already ran really big files from pgAdmin, but can't remember their
actual sizes. We should probably have more issues with a big number of
lines than a big number of bytes.

Anyways, the query tool is not the right tool for this. I'm not sure
what you expect to get from such a huge file within the query tool.

So, yes, in a way, you'll have better results using psql. Note that you
can launch it from the plugins menu of pgAdmin.

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com