Обсуждение: Saving window maximize state

Saving window maximize state

От
David Schnur
Дата:
Almost all Windows applications remember the maximize state of their windows the next time they start up.  I've noticed that this is not true for pgAdmin; by default it always starts up non-maximized.  Changing the shortcut's properties to force maximization works for the main window, but new query windows are still non-maximized.

This is a minor issue, but saving the maximize state is a very widely-accepted convention.  Windows users are accustomed to closing a maximized window by moving the mouse to the upper-right corner of the screen.  A window, i.e. a new query window, that always starts up non-maximized can be irritating, because the usual gesture to close it ends up closing the application behind it instead.

Using version 1.10.0 (also present in 1.8.4) on Windows XP Pro SP3

Re: Saving window maximize state

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le mardi 18 août 2009 à 20:16:26, David Schnur a écrit :
> Almost all Windows applications remember the maximize state of their
> windows the next time they start up.  I've noticed that this is not true
> for pgAdmin; by default it always starts up non-maximized.  Changing the
> shortcut's properties to force maximization works for the main window, but
> new query windows are still non-maximized.
> This is a minor issue, but saving the maximize state is a very
> widely-accepted convention.  Windows users are accustomed to closing a
> maximized window by moving the mouse to the upper-right corner of the
> screen.  A window, i.e. a new query window, that always starts up
> non-maximized can be irritating, because the usual gesture to close it ends
> up closing the application behind it instead.
>
> Using version 1.10.0 (also present in 1.8.4) on Windows XP Pro SP3

Thanks for your report. It is now logged as a todo:
http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/45

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com

Re: Saving window maximize state

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le mardi 18 août 2009 à 23:23:19, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Le mardi 18 août 2009 à 20:16:26, David Schnur a écrit :
> > Almost all Windows applications remember the maximize state of their
> > windows the next time they start up.  I've noticed that this is not true
> > for pgAdmin; by default it always starts up non-maximized.  Changing the
> > shortcut's properties to force maximization works for the main window,
> > but new query windows are still non-maximized.
> > This is a minor issue, but saving the maximize state is a very
> > widely-accepted convention.  Windows users are accustomed to closing a
> > maximized window by moving the mouse to the upper-right corner of the
> > screen.  A window, i.e. a new query window, that always starts up
> > non-maximized can be irritating, because the usual gesture to close it
> > ends up closing the application behind it instead.
> >
> > Using version 1.10.0 (also present in 1.8.4) on Windows XP Pro SP3
>
> Thanks for your report. It is now logged as a todo:
> http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/45

Here is a patch to fix this. This is more a new feature than a fix, so it will
be available in 1.11/1.12 release.

I've found also that we don't have minimize and maximize buttons for
properties' dialogs. Should we add them?

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com

Re: Saving window maximize state

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Guillaume
Lelarge<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Here is a patch to fix this. This is more a new feature than a fix, so it will
> be available in 1.11/1.12 release.

Looks fine to me.

> I've found also that we don't have minimize and maximize buttons for
> properties' dialogs. Should we add them?

They're not really dialogues in that case. I'd rather keep them without.

--
Dave Page

Re: Saving window maximize state

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le mardi 1 septembre 2009 à 11:00:49, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Guillaume
>
> Lelarge<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> > Here is a patch to fix this. This is more a new feature than a fix, so it
> > will be available in 1.11/1.12 release.
>
> Looks fine to me.

Commited. Thanks.

--