Обсуждение: pgAdmin III 1.10 beta

pgAdmin III 1.10 beta

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
Hi Dave & developers,

Would it be a good idea to have the block indent/unindent and block
comment/uncomment features appear as items on the "Edit" menu, along
with their associated keyboard shortcuts? This would alert the new user
to their existence, not to mention make it easier to learn the shortcut!

If they made the menu too cluttered, they could be grouped into a
submenu named "Format" or some such, as you often see on text editors.

Great work on the new version - many thanks to you all!

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: pgAdmin III 1.10 beta

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Hi Ray, sorry for the delay in replying to this.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 6:12 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
> Hi Dave & developers,
>
> Would it be a good idea to have the block indent/unindent and block
> comment/uncomment features appear as items on the "Edit" menu, along
> with their associated keyboard shortcuts? This would alert the new user
> to their existence, not to mention make it easier to learn the shortcut!

As a result of starting to look at this, I found some problems with
the original implementation. They've now been fixed, but I had to
change the shortcut keys to get consistent cross-platform behaviour.

> If they made the menu too cluttered, they could be grouped into a
> submenu named "Format" or some such, as you often see on text editors.

In hindsight I agree. I think this is useful enough, and *probably*
non-invasive enough to be added during beta, so I've asked Ashesh to
knock up a patch to see if it would be acceptable.

> Great work on the new version - many thanks to you all!

Thanks - you're welcome.

--
Dave Page

Re: pgAdmin III 1.10 beta

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 19/03/2009 09:54, Dave Page wrote:

> In hindsight I agree. I think this is useful enough, and *probably*
> non-invasive enough to be added during beta, so I've asked Ashesh to
> knock up a patch to see if it would be acceptable.

That's great - hopefully it will make it in.

Speaking for myself, I'm like a child with a new toy when I get a new or
updated piece of software....scanning the menu items is a good way to
find out quickly what's there. :-)

Ray.

rod@iol.ie