Обсуждение: bug: the schema oid can't be located, please refresh all schemas

bug: the schema oid can't be located, please refresh all schemas

От
"Thomas H."
pgadmin version: 1.8.1
pgsql version: 8.3.rc1
os: windows 2003

when viewing a particular table with a (fts) trigger, pgAdmin gives the
following error popup:

"missing information:
the schema oid can't be located, please refresh all schemas!"

refreshing the schemas as suggested by the error message doesn't help.

the offending trigger seems to be:

CREATE TRIGGER posts_fts_update  BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE  ON forum.posts  FOR EACH ROW  EXECUTE PROCEDURE
forum.tsvector_update_trigger('p_fts',

'pg_catalog.german', 'p_msg_clean');

with the corresponding procedure:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION forum.tsvector_update_trigger()  RETURNS trigger AS
'tsvector_update_trigger_byid'  LANGUAGE 'internal' VOLATILE  COST 1;
ALTER FUNCTION forum.tsvector_update_trigger() OWNER TO postgres;
COMMENT ON FUNCTION forum.tsvector_update_trigger() IS 'trigger for
automatic update of tsvector column';

not sure if its 8.3 or pgAdmin/FTS related. the pgsql log shows no
additional error/warning...

regards,
thomas

Re: bug: the schema oid can't be located, please refresh all schemas

От
"Dave Page"
> when viewing a particular table with a (fts) trigger, pgAdmin gives the
> following error popup:
>
> "missing information:
> the schema oid can't be located, please refresh all schemas!"
>
> refreshing the schemas as suggested by the error message doesn't help.

I cannot recreate this on 8.3rc1 using a dummy table and the
trigger/procedure you posted. Can you provide me with a more complete
example in a pg_dump format please?

BTW, when you say 'viewing a particular table', do you mean viewing
it's details in the main window, in the properties dialogue, or using
the 'view data' option?

Regards, Dave

Re: bug: the schema oid can't be located, please refresh all schemas

От
"Thomas H."
>> when viewing a particular table with a (fts) trigger, pgAdmin gives the
>> following error popup:
>>
>> "missing information:
>> the schema oid can't be located, please refresh all schemas!"
>>
>> refreshing the schemas as suggested by the error message doesn't help.
>
> I cannot recreate this on 8.3rc1 using a dummy table and the
> trigger/procedure you posted. Can you provide me with a more complete
> example in a pg_dump format please?

ok i'll try to make a small contained testcase later today

> BTW, when you say 'viewing a particular table', do you mean viewing
> it's details in the main window, in the properties dialogue, or using
> the 'view data' option?

when clicking on the table's node in the treeview. after hitting the ok
button from the error message, you can still view (some? all?) the
tables properties and stuff. but i'm not sure

regards,
thomas

Re: bug: the schema oid can't be located, please refresh all schemas

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
[Going back on-list]

On 09/01/2008, Thomas H. <me@alternize.com> wrote:
> hi dave
>
> i hope its fine contacting you off-list for the dump:

No problem at all.

> > I cannot recreate this on 8.3rc1 using a dummy table and the
> > trigger/procedure you posted. Can you provide me with a more complete
> > example in a pg_dump format please?
>
> attached you find a pg_dump in text-format of a simple test database.
> its basically the original db with the additional schemas, uninvolved
> tables and all data removed. i've changed the object owner to
> "postgres", so an empty utf8 db is all that's needed for loading the dump.

Great, thanks - I spotted some code during unrelated work that I
guessed might be the cause and your test case confirmed that it was.
I've committed a fix to SVN for 1.8.2.

Thanks, Dave

Re: bug: the schema oid can't be located, please refresh all schemas

От
"Thomas H."
Дата:
dave,

i wonder if you received my testcase dbdump i've mailed you offlist some  days ago (see below)... please let me know if
ishould resend it (and

if so, where to so you can get it properly).

regards, thomas

> i hope its fine contacting you off-list for the dump:
>
>> I cannot recreate this on 8.3rc1 using a dummy table and the
>> trigger/procedure you posted. Can you provide me with a more complete
>> example in a pg_dump format please?
>
> attached you find a pg_dump in text-format of a simple test database.
> its basically the original db with the additional schemas, uninvolved
> tables and all data removed. i've changed the object owner to
> "postgres", so an empty utf8 db is all that's needed for loading the dump.
>
> i've been able to reproduce the error after loading the dump. the error
> happens when clicking on the "forum.posts" table node in pgAdmin3.
>
> if i can help with further information, don't hesitate to ask
>
> regards,
> thomas

Re: bug: the schema oid can't be located, please refresh all schemas

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Jan 31, 2008 12:43 PM, Thomas H. <me@alternize.com> wrote:
> dave,
>
> i wonder if you received my testcase dbdump i've mailed you offlist some
>   days ago (see below)... please let me know if i should resend it (and
> if so, where to so you can get it properly).

Err yes - I replied on January the 10th:

[Going back on-list]

On 09/01/2008, Thomas H. <me@alternize.com> wrote:
> hi dave
>
> i hope its fine contacting you off-list for the dump:

No problem at all.

> > I cannot recreate this on 8.3rc1 using a dummy table and the
> > trigger/procedure you posted. Can you provide me with a more complete
> > example in a pg_dump format please?
>
> attached you find a pg_dump in text-format of a simple test database.
> its basically the original db with the additional schemas, uninvolved
> tables and all data removed. i've changed the object owner to
> "postgres", so an empty utf8 db is all that's needed for loading the dump.

Great, thanks - I spotted some code during unrelated work that I
guessed might be the cause and your test case confirmed that it was.
I've committed a fix to SVN for 1.8.2.

Thanks, Dave

Re: bug: the schema oid can't be located, please refresh all schemas

От
"Thomas H."
Дата:
>> i wonder if you received my testcase dbdump i've mailed you offlist some
>>   days ago (see below)... please let me know if i should resend it (and
>> if so, where to so you can get it properly).
>
> Err yes - I replied on January the 10th:
>
> [Going back on-list]

uhoh thats embarassing... sorry! i must have overlooked it, twice :/
thanks for the quick fix!

regards,
thomas