Обсуждение: pgAdmin Funciton Code

pgAdmin Funciton Code

От
"kenp"
Дата:
The code displayed by pgAdmin, for a function I have created, does not
allow me to recreate the function as I would like. If I run :-

CREATE SCHEMA "Security" AUTHORIZATION postgres;

CREATE TABLE "Security"."CentreGroupPolicy"
( "CentreGroupPolicyID" bigint NOT NULL
)
WITHOUT OIDS;

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION
"Security"."CentreGroupPolicyDetailsGet1"(INOUT "pCentreGroupPolicyID"
bigint) AS
$BODY$
BEGIN   SELECT INTO      "pCentreGroupPolicyID"      cgp."CentreGroupPolicyID"   FROM "Security"."CentreGroupPolicy"
cgp  WHERE cgp."CentreGroupPolicyID" = "pCentreGroupPolicyID";

END;
$BODY$ LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' STABLE;

Then pgAdmin shows me:-

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION
"Security"."CentreGroupPolicyDetailsGet1"(INOUT pCentreGroupPolicyID
bigint) AS
$BODY$
BEGIN   SELECT INTO      "pCentreGroupPolicyID"      cgp."CentreGroupPolicyID"   FROM "Security"."CentreGroupPolicy"
cgp  WHERE cgp."CentreGroupPolicyID" = "pCentreGroupPolicyID";

END;
$BODY$ LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' STABLE;

Which does not run.

If instead I use:-

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION
"Security"."CentreGroupPolicyDetailsGet1"(INOUT pCentreGroupPolicyID
bigint) AS
$BODY$
BEGIN   SELECT INTO      pCentreGroupPolicyID      cgp."CentreGroupPolicyID"   FROM "Security"."CentreGroupPolicy" cgp
WHERE cgp."CentreGroupPolicyID" = pCentreGroupPolicyID;

END;
$BODY$ LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' STABLE;

pgAdmin gives me:-

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION
"Security"."CentreGroupPolicyDetailsGet1"(INOUT pcentregrouppolicyid
bigint) AS
$BODY$
BEGIN   SELECT INTO      pCentreGroupPolicyID      cgp."CentreGroupPolicyID"   FROM "Security"."CentreGroupPolicy" cgp
WHERE cgp."CentreGroupPolicyID" = pCentreGroupPolicyID;

END;
$BODY$ LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' STABLE;

and the case no longer matches for the parameter.

Is it possible to make it more consistent?

Re: pgAdmin Funciton Code

От
Dave Page
kenp wrote:
> The code displayed by pgAdmin, for a function I have created, does not
> allow me to recreate the function as I would like. If I run :-

<snip code>

Thanks Ken - I've fixed this for 1.6.1.

Regards Dave

Re: pgAdmin Funciton Code

От
"Raymond O'Donnell"
Дата:
On 28 Nov 2006 at 8:45, kenp wrote:

>     SELECT INTO
>        "pCentreGroupPolicyID"

Don't you need to declare pCentreGroupPolicyID first? -

.....etc....
$body$
declarepCentreGroupPolicyID bigint;
begin......etc....

This would cause the function not to run......what error message did
you get?

--Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell
Director of Music, Galway Cathedral, Galway, Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: pgAdmin Funciton Code

От
"Raymond O'Donnell"
Дата:
On 28 Nov 2006 at 22:06, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:

> Don't you need to declare pCentreGroupPolicyID first? -

Oops, my mistake - you don't of course, because it's an INOUT
parameter.