Обсуждение: Privilege info is missing

Privilege info is missing

От
"Stephen Lim"
Дата:
Hi,

I'm using PgAdmin3 v1.6 on Windows XP SP2 against Postgresql 8.1. This
problem occurs in 1.4 also.

I have 2 users in the database "postgres" and "test" with password set on
both.

The privilege tab in Table properties doesn't offer me the choice to select
these users. It only shows "public" as available user in dropdown list.

Can you please help?

Stephen

Re: Privilege info is missing

От
"Joris Dobbelsteen"
Дата:
Check out "File" -> "Options..."
"Preferences" Tab
Checkbox "Show users for priviledges"

It was disabled as the UI seems to get unresponsive when a large number of users must be loaded (I understand from the
help).

- Joris

ef=http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.windowsonecare.com/?sc_cid=msn_hotmail

>---------------------------(end of
>broadcast)---------------------------
>TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: Privilege info is missing

От
"Stephen Lim"
Дата:
Cool. Thanks!

Stephen

>From: "Joris Dobbelsteen" <Joris@familiedobbelsteen.nl>
>To: "Stephen Lim" <jleelim@hotmail.com>
>CC: <pgadmin-support@postgresql.org>
>Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Privilege info is missing
>Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 18:24:59 +0100
>
>Check out "File" -> "Options..."
>"Preferences" Tab
>Checkbox "Show users for priviledges"
>
>It was disabled as the UI seems to get unresponsive when a large number of
>users must be loaded (I understand from the help).
>
>- Joris

"Dave Page"

It'll handle hundreds or thousands performance -wise - it's just a pita to select from a list that long, and assigning
privsdirectly to a user isn't the best practice anyway.

Regards, Dave