Обсуждение: role with "CREATEDB" and "CREATEROLE" without effect on GUI

role with "CREATEDB" and "CREATEROLE" without effect on GUI

От
"Thomas Sondag"
Дата:
Hi,

I would like to create an admin account without "SUPERUSER" rights to
manage databases and users creations without risk.

SQL :
CREATE ROLE admin WITH NOSUPERUSER CREATEDB CREATEROLE INHERIT LOGIN
ENCRYPTED PASSWORD 'mot_de_passe';

SQL under "admin" with psql :
CREATE ROLE production WITH NOLOGIN;
GRANT production TO admin;
CREATE DATABASE production WITH OWNER = production;

Work fine.

But with PgAdmin I doesn't have acces to create role and create
database menu when I login with the admin account.

I suppose this is a bug ?

Thanks
   Thomas

Re: role with "CREATEDB" and "CREATEROLE" without effect on GUI

От
"Dave Page"

Yes, it is. A fix is in the pipeline...

Regards, Dave.

Re: role with "CREATEDB" and "CREATEROLE" without effect on GUI

От
"Dave Page"

I've committed a fix for this for 1.4.3.

Thanks for the report.

Regards, Dave.

Re: role with "CREATEDB" and "CREATEROLE" without effect on GUI

От
"Thomas Sondag"
Дата:
Hi,

Same kind of problem with the role property editor, you are not
allowed to modify ROLE properties.

I've got a very few understanding of pgadmin code (and no C++ skill at
all ) but this patch do the job.
 Thomas

diff pgadmin3/src/dlg/dlgRole.cpp pgadmin3_1.4.svn20060522/src/dlg/dlgRole.cpp

127,128c127,133
<         readOnly=!role->GetServer()->GetSuperUser();
<
---

>       if (role->GetServer()->GetSuperUser() || role->GetServer()->GetCreateRole()) {
>               readOnly=false;
>       } else {
>               readOnly=true;
>       }

Re: role with "CREATEDB" and "CREATEROLE" without effect on GUI

От
"Dave Page"

Looks like it - thanks. Applied to the 1.4 branch and trunk.

Regards, Dave.