Обсуждение: New laptop install - pgadmin not remembering password and not showing jobs tree menu

New laptop install - pgadmin not remembering password and not showing jobs tree menu

От
"Collin Peters"
Дата:
Hi all,

I just completely re-installed my laptop with Windows XP.  After I
re-installed my laptop pgadmin still seems to be operating
incorrectly.  I posted a thread awhile back
(http://www.pgadmin.org/archives/pgadmin-support/2005-12/msg00003.php)
with an issue that pgadmin 1.4 wasn't remembing the password on my
computer.  A few people posted similar issues and I (personally) never
got it resolved.  I was hoping this laptop re-install would clear up
any problems.

Alas I still suffer from the same problem and as it is a fresh new
install of XP I really don't understand how this can be.  Is it
possible that some existing software I have is wrecking something?
Also, pgadmin is not showing me the 'jobs' tree item after I installed
pgagent.  So I use the exact same setup on another desktop computer
and it both remembers passwords and shows me the jobs tree.

-Windows XP SP2
-pgadmin 1.4.2
-Postgresql 8.1 (running on a debian linux box, connecting through ssh tunnel)
-%APPDATA%\postgresql\pgpass.conf contents http://mcrt.ca/~cpeters/pgpass.jpg
-Only libpq.dll on computer in "C:\Program Files\pgAdmin III\1.4" with
file version 8.1.3.6044

I am more concerned about the jobs tree menu item not showing up than
the password but would like to get both fixed.

Regards,
Collin

Re: New laptop install - pgadmin not remembering password and not showing jobs tree menu

От
"Dave Page"

The tree problem is most likely caused by using the wrong database as
the maintenance DB in your connection. Perhaps on one machine you chose
template1 instead of postgres?

The password problem might be caused by accessing the database as
localhost instead of 127.0.0.1 which is in your pgpass.conf file - could
that be the case?

Regards, Dave.

Re: New laptop install - pgadmin not remembering password and not showing jobs tree menu

От
"Collin Peters"
Дата:
Turns out it was installed into the wrong database.  So I'm not sure
why it showed up before on another computer in pgadmin but not this
one, but re-installing it into the postgres database seems to have
done it.

I also found out the other day that pgadmin doesn't remember the
password if you use 127.0.0.1, localhost must be used instead