Обсуждение: Re: [ANNOUNCE] pgAdmin III v1.4.0 Beta 3 released for testing

Re: [ANNOUNCE] pgAdmin III v1.4.0 Beta 3 released for testing

От
"Dave Page"

Hi John,

> On Oct 20, 2005, at 3:47 AM, Dave Page wrote:
>
> > Beta 3 of pgAdmin 1.4.0, the graphical PostgreSQL
> administration tool
> > for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris is now available
> for download
> > from http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin3/beta/
>

> Is there a reason you don't mention OS X? From previous
> announcements

Pure oversight :-(

> I thought it was not ready for beta testing since it was not listed.
> But I made my lazy self check today and found that there is a OS X
> beta version. And wow, I'm very impressed with with the overall
> visual appearance. Much improved. Now you just need to get the OK/
> Cancel buttons in the right order for Mac users :).

Thanks :-). I'll look at reversing the OK/Cancel buttons sometime. I
just got hold of a Mac myself, so I'm working on improving these things.

> A few issues I noticed:
>
> Data browser does not honor the maximum number of rows
> setting. I set
> mine to 1000 and loads every row in the table.

Actually it never did - that option is only used by the SQL Tool. I'll
improve the documentation about that.

> In the documentation viewer I went to some web page links and get
> lots of "No handler for image type" errors. Example:
>
> http://people.planetpostgresql.org/dpage/index.php?/archives/2-
> Support-rant-Dave-goes-off-on-one!!!.html

Hmm, I wonder if it doesn't like the png images at the bottom. I'll look
at that.

> > - Password can be stored in .pgass/pgpass.conf files
>
> Is this supposed to work for connecting to the server in the main
> window. My server is on localhost:5432 and I had the entry below in
> my .pgpass but it still prompted me for the password. But it is very
> nice the password prompt window now allows me to save the password.
> Where are they stored?
>
> localhost:5432:*:user:pass

It stores it in .pgpass, or at least it's supposed to. It's not beyond
the realms of possibility that it's not picking up the home directory
corectly on OS X - certainly it didn't as far as logfiles were concerned
at one point. I'll look at this as well.
> Great job on the new version.

Thanks :-)

Regards, Dave.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] pgAdmin III v1.4.0 Beta 3 released for testing

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
Hi Dave,

On Oct 25, 2005, at 9:16 AM, Dave Page wrote:

> It stores it in .pgpass, or at least it's supposed to. It's not beyond
> the realms of possibility that it's not picking up the home directory
> corectly on OS X - certainly it didn't as far as logfiles were
> concerned
> at one point. I'll look at this as well.

If it uses .pgpass and it works after prompting me the first time,
maybe the issue is that it does not look for password unless the
"store password" property is set for the server. It works now and
my .pgpass is not modified.

Thanks,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/