Обсуждение: Can't alter columns with RC2

Can't alter columns with RC2

От
"Ben Trewern"
Дата:
There seems to be a problem altering columns with pgAdmin 1.2 RC2.

If you display the property box for a column, and change anything other than
the field name, you don't get the opportunity to save those changes.  OK is
greyed out and the SQL window says "nothing to change".

Any ideas?

Regards,

Ben

Re: Can't alter columns with RC2

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Ben Trewern wrote:
> There seems to be a problem altering columns with pgAdmin 1.2 RC2.
>
> If you display the property box for a column, and change anything other
> than the field name, you don't get the opportunity to save those
> changes.  OK is greyed out and the SQL window says "nothing to change".

Which OS/distribution?
We had this problem with RC1, RC2 fixed it.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Can't alter columns with RC2

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Ben Trewern wrote:
>
>> There seems to be a problem altering columns with pgAdmin 1.2 RC2.
>>
>> If you display the property box for a column, and change anything
>> other than the field name, you don't get the opportunity to save those
>> changes.  OK is greyed out and the SQL window says "nothing to change".
>

> Which OS/distribution?
> We had this problem with RC1, RC2 fixed it.

Correction: according to CHANGELOG.txt, this was fixed *after* RC2.
You'd need a snapshot, or some patience.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Can't alter columns with RC2

От
"Ben Trewern"
Дата:
I'm using Windows XP.  I'm also having some problems with the install see
other thread - "RC2 installer problem on XP".  Could this be related?

Regards,

Ben

>From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>
>To: Ben Trewern <ben_trewern@hotmail.com>
>CC: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Can't alter columns with RC2
>Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:11:53 +0000
>
>Ben Trewern wrote:
>>There seems to be a problem altering columns with pgAdmin 1.2 RC2.
>>
>>If you display the property box for a column, and change anything other
>>than the field name, you don't get the opportunity to save those changes.
>>OK is greyed out and the SQL window says "nothing to change".
>
>Which OS/distribution?
>We had this problem with RC1, RC2 fixed it.
>
>Regards,
>Andreas

Re: Can't alter columns with RC2

От
"Ben Trewern"
Дата:
OK.  Thanks.  I'll have a look at a snapshot next week.