Обсуждение: pgadmin4: Server does not launch

pgadmin4: Server does not launch

От
Colin Beckingham
Дата:
FWIW I can build a pgAdmin4 file ok on openSUSE linux, but on launch I see:

~/pgadmin4/runtime> ./pgAdmin4
Python path:  "/usr/lib64/python2.7"
Webapp path:  "/home/colin/pgadmin4/web/pgAdmin4.py"
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/colin/pgadmin4/web/pgAdmin4.py", line 23, in <module>
     import config
   File "/home/colin/pgadmin4/web/config.py", line 255, in <module>
     from config_local import *
   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 2237, in _find_and_load
   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 2222, in
_find_and_load_unlocked
   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 2164, in _find_spec
   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1940, in find_spec
   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1914, in _get_spec
   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 2049, in find_spec
   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 53, in _path_join
   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 53, in <listcomp>
TypeError: Type str doesn't support the buffer API
"Failed to launch the application server, server thread exiting."

Re: pgadmin4: Server does not launch

От
Ashesh Vashi

What do you have in config_local. py?

It is failing to load that file.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ashesh Vashi

[...]

Дата:
Thanks.  config_local.py did not exist. I created one in the "web" directory, with entries for SECRET_KEY, SECURITY_PASSWORD_SALT and CSRF_SESSION_KEY (with fabricated entry values) as detailed in the code in https://github.com/asheshv/pgadmin4/blob/master/web/pgAdmin4.py, redid qmake, make clean and make, but same result on launch of pgAdmin4. Strange that I did not see the print comment on programme's fail to see the file.

On Jun 8, 2016 18:53, "Colin Beckingham" <colbec@kingston.net> wrote:

> Thanks.  config_local.py did not exist. I created one in the "web" directory, with entries for SECRET_KEY, SECURITY_PASSWORD_SALT and CSRF_SESSION_KEY (with fabricated entry values) as detailed in the code in https://github.com/asheshv/pgadmin4/blob/master/web/pgAdmin4.py, redid qmake, make clean and make, but same result on launch of pgAdmin4. Strange that I did not see the print comment on programme's fail to see the file.

Did you run setup.py before launching the runtime?

-- Ashesh

> On 08/06/16 08:49, Ashesh Vashi wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What do you have in config_local. py?
>>
>> It is failing to load that file.
>>
>> --
>> Thanks & Regards,
>> Ashesh Vashi
>>
>> On Jun 8, 2016 17:45, "Colin Beckingham" <colbec@kingston.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> FWIW I can build a pgAdmin4 file ok on openSUSE linux, but on launch I see:
>>>
>>> ~/pgadmin4/runtime> ./pgAdmin4
>>> Python path:  "/usr/lib64/python2.7"
>>> Webapp path:  "/home/colin/pgadmin4/web/pgAdmin4.py"
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "/home/colin/pgadmin4/web/pgAdmin4.py", line 23, in <module>
>>>     import config
>>>   File "/home/colin/pgadmin4/web/config.py", line 255, in <module>
>>>     from config_local import *
>>>   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 2237, in _find_and_load
>>>   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 2222, in _find_and_load_unlocked
>>>   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 2164, in _find_spec
>>>   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1940, in find_spec
>>>   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1914, in _get_spec
>>>   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 2049, in find_spec
>>>   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 53, in _path_join
>>>   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 53, in <listcomp>
>>> TypeError: Type str doesn't support the buffer API
>>> "Failed to launch the application server, server thread exiting."
>>>

>>> --

Re: pgadmin4: Server does not launch

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Ashesh Vashi
<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Jun 8, 2016 18:53, "Colin Beckingham" <colbec@kingston.net> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks.  config_local.py did not exist. I created one in the "web"
>> directory, with entries for SECRET_KEY, SECURITY_PASSWORD_SALT and
>> CSRF_SESSION_KEY (with fabricated entry values) as detailed in the code in
>> https://github.com/asheshv/pgadmin4/blob/master/web/pgAdmin4.py, redid
>> qmake, make clean and make, but same result on launch of pgAdmin4. Strange
>> that I did not see the print comment on programme's fail to see the file.
>
> Did you run setup.py before launching the runtime?

If I had to guess, there's a mis-match between the Python environment
that the runtime is being built in, and the one Colin thinks he's
configured.

I would start by running the web-app and ignoring the runtime;

1) cd web
2) Create config_local.py
3) python pgAdmin4.py
4) Point the browser at the URL given

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

On 08/06/16 09:57, Dave Page wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Ashesh Vashi
> <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> On Jun 8, 2016 18:53, "Colin Beckingham" <colbec@kingston.net> wrote:
>>> Thanks.  config_local.py did not exist. I created one in the "web"
>>> directory, with entries for SECRET_KEY, SECURITY_PASSWORD_SALT and
>>> CSRF_SESSION_KEY (with fabricated entry values) as detailed in the code in
>>> https://github.com/asheshv/pgadmin4/blob/master/web/pgAdmin4.py, redid
>>> qmake, make clean and make, but same result on launch of pgAdmin4. Strange
>>> that I did not see the print comment on programme's fail to see the file.
>> Did you run setup.py before launching the runtime?
> If I had to guess, there's a mis-match between the Python environment
> that the runtime is being built in, and the one Colin thinks he's
> configured.
>
> I would start by running the web-app and ignoring the runtime;
>
> 1) cd web
> 2) Create config_local.py
> 3) python pgAdmin4.py
> 4) Point the browser at the URL given

Thanks to Dave and Ashesh for comments. On further investigation I find
that I have led myself astray by having only pip for python 3 installed,
with a generic link to pip that always called pip3. So thinking myself
running python2 but getting info for python3 does not help. Likely by
the time I have this sorted out my error message will be different
again, so will post back at that time.

Re: pgadmin4: Server does not launch

От
Colin Beckingham

On 08/06/16 09:57, Dave Page wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Ashesh Vashi
> <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> On Jun 8, 2016 18:53, "Colin Beckingham" <colbec@kingston.net> wrote:
>>> Thanks.  config_local.py did not exist. I created one in the "web"
>>> directory, with entries for SECRET_KEY, SECURITY_PASSWORD_SALT and
>>> CSRF_SESSION_KEY (with fabricated entry values) as detailed in the code in
>>> https://github.com/asheshv/pgadmin4/blob/master/web/pgAdmin4.py, redid
>>> qmake, make clean and make, but same result on launch of pgAdmin4. Strange
>>> that I did not see the print comment on programme's fail to see the file.
>> Did you run setup.py before launching the runtime?
> If I had to guess, there's a mis-match between the Python environment
> that the runtime is being built in, and the one Colin thinks he's
> configured.
>
> I would start by running the web-app and ignoring the runtime;
>
> 1) cd web
> 2) Create config_local.py
> 3) python pgAdmin4.py
> 4) Point the browser at the URL given

Progress. With clean pip2 all the requirements seem to be ok. Ran step 3
as above and was challenged for an email and password, entered, then
error with psycopg2. In the requirements check the output found a
psycopg2, removed it and then installed the new one and seemed happy.

~/pgadmin4/web> python pgAdmin4.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "pgAdmin4.py", line 53, in <module>
     app = create_app()
   File "/home/colin/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/__init__.py", line 216, in
create_app
     driver.init_app(app)
   File "/home/colin/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/utils/driver/__init__.py",
line 39, in init_app
     DriverRegistry.load_drivers()
   File "/home/colin/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/utils/driver/registry.py",
line 87, in load_drivers
     module = import_module(module_name)
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in
import_module
     __import__(name)
   File
"/home/colin/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/utils/driver/psycopg2/__init__.py",
line 21, in <module>
     import psycopg2
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/psycopg2/__init__.py", line
67, in <module>
     import psycopg2.extensions as _ext
   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/psycopg2/extensions.py",
line 61, in <module>
     from psycopg2._psycopg import ISQLQuote, Notify, Diagnostics, Column
ImportError: cannot import name Column

On Jun 8, 2016 20:54, "Colin Beckingham" <colbec@kingston.net> wrote:

> On 08/06/16 09:57, Dave Page wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Ashesh Vashi
>> <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

>>> Did you run setup.py before launching the runtime?
>>
>> If I had to guess, there's a mis-match between the Python environment
>> that the runtime is being built in, and the one Colin thinks he's
>> configured.
>>
>> I would start by running the web-app and ignoring the runtime;
>>
>> 1) cd web
>> 2) Create config_local.py
>> 3) python pgAdmin4.py
>> 4) Point the browser at the URL given
>>
> Progress. With clean pip2 all the requirements seem to be ok. Ran step 3 as above and was challenged for an email and password, entered, then error with psycopg2. In the requirements check the output found a psycopg2, removed it and then installed the new one and seemed happy.
>
> ~/pgadmin4/web> python pgAdmin4.py
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "pgAdmin4.py", line 53, in <module>
>     app = create_app()
>   File "/home/colin/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/__init__.py", line 216, in create_app
>     driver.init_app(app)
>   File "/home/colin/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/utils/driver/__init__.py", line 39, in init_app
>     DriverRegistry.load_drivers()
>   File "/home/colin/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/utils/driver/registry.py", line 87, in load_drivers
>     module = import_module(module_name)
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
>     __import__(name)
>   File "/home/colin/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/utils/driver/psycopg2/__init__.py", line 21, in <module>
>     import psycopg2
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/psycopg2/__init__.py", line 67, in <module>
>     import psycopg2.extensions as _ext
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/psycopg2/extensions.py", line 61, in <module>
>     from psycopg2._psycopg import ISQLQuote, Notify, Diagnostics, Column
> ImportError: cannot import name Column

It seems the problem is with the psycopg2 library.
It may not be installed properly.

Please run python in interactive mode.
And, import psycopg2.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ashesh Vashi

On 08/06/16 11:40, Ashesh Vashi wrote:

On Jun 8, 2016 20:54, "Colin Beckingham" <colbec@kingston.net> wrote:

> On 08/06/16 09:57, Dave Page wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Ashesh Vashi
>> <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

>>> Did you run setup.py before launching the runtime?
>>
>> If I had to guess, there's a mis-match between the Python environment
>> that the runtime is being built in, and the one Colin thinks he's
>> configured.
>>
>> I would start by running the web-app and ignoring the runtime;
>>
>> 1) cd web
>> 2) Create config_local.py
>> 3) python pgAdmin4.py
>> 4) Point the browser at the URL given
>>
> Progress. With clean pip2 all the requirements seem to be ok. Ran step 3 as above and was challenged for an email and password, entered, then error with psycopg2. In the requirements check the output found a psycopg2, removed it and then installed the new one and seemed happy.
>
> ~/pgadmin4/web> python pgAdmin4.py
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "pgAdmin4.py", line 53, in <module>
>     app = create_app()
>   File "/home/colin/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/__init__.py", line 216, in create_app
>     driver.init_app(app)
>   File "/home/colin/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/utils/driver/__init__.py", line 39, in init_app
>     DriverRegistry.load_drivers()
>   File "/home/colin/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/utils/driver/registry.py", line 87, in load_drivers
>     module = import_module(module_name)
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
>     __import__(name)
>   File "/home/colin/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/utils/driver/psycopg2/__init__.py", line 21, in <module>
>     import psycopg2
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/psycopg2/__init__.py", line 67, in <module>
>     import psycopg2.extensions as _ext
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/psycopg2/extensions.py", line 61, in <module>
>     from psycopg2._psycopg import ISQLQuote, Notify, Diagnostics, Column
> ImportError: cannot import name Column

It seems the problem is with the psycopg2 library.
It may not be installed properly.

Please run python in interactive mode.
And, import psycopg2.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ashesh Vashi

Right, forced an upgrade via pip2 and it overwrote the existing psycopg2. In interactive mode psycopg2 now imports correctly.
Now, when I run step 3 from web directory the command is accepted but there is no output. The command appears to hang - ctrl C will interrupt it cleanly, I can see from Gnome monitor that a python instance has started but all cores are quiet at minimum usage. Not sure what I should expect to see at this point. Runtime pgAdmin4 still not working.

Re: pgadmin4: Server does not launch

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 5:03 PM, Colin Beckingham <colbec@kingston.net> wrote:

> Right, forced an upgrade via pip2 and it overwrote the existing psycopg2. In
> interactive mode psycopg2 now imports correctly.
> Now, when I run step 3 from web directory the command is accepted but there
> is no output. The command appears to hang - ctrl C will interrupt it
> cleanly, I can see from Gnome monitor that a python instance has started but
> all cores are quiet at minimum usage. Not sure what I should expect to see
> at this point. Runtime pgAdmin4 still not working.

I suspect it's actually running, but we're so used to seeing a ton of
debug output that we forget that if debug is off, not much happens
(happened to me earlier!).

Try pointing your browser at http://127.0.0.1:5050.

To see all the stuff we see, add the following to config_local.py and restart:

CONSOLE_LOG_LEVEL = DEBUG

You can also send a copy of the output to a file, e.g.

LOG_FILE = '/Users/dpage/pgadmin4.log'
FILE_LOG_LEVEL = DEBUG

Please bear in mind that you're effectively in "developer" mode here.
The Windows/Mac packages I just announced should just run once
installed. Even the PIP package (pretty basic right now) will make
this a little easier, though really that's intended for people who
want to run a WSGI server on a platform we don't have native packages
for.

--

On 08/06/16 12:22, Dave Page wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 5:03 PM, Colin Beckingham <colbec@kingston.net> wrote:
>> Right, forced an upgrade via pip2 and it overwrote the existing psycopg2. In
>> interactive mode psycopg2 now imports correctly.
>> Now, when I run step 3 from web directory the command is accepted but there
>> is no output. The command appears to hang - ctrl C will interrupt it
>> cleanly, I can see from Gnome monitor that a python instance has started but
>> all cores are quiet at minimum usage. Not sure what I should expect to see
>> at this point. Runtime pgAdmin4 still not working.
> I suspect it's actually running, but we're so used to seeing a ton of
> debug output that we forget that if debug is off, not much happens
> (happened to me earlier!).
>
> Try pointing your browser at http://127.0.0.1:5050.
>
> To see all the stuff we see, add the following to config_local.py and restart:
>
> CONSOLE_LOG_LEVEL = DEBUG
>
> You can also send a copy of the output to a file, e.g.
>
> LOG_FILE = '/Users/dpage/pgadmin4.log'
> FILE_LOG_LEVEL = DEBUG
>
> Please bear in mind that you're effectively in "developer" mode here.
> The Windows/Mac packages I just announced should just run once
> installed. Even the PIP package (pretty basic right now) will make
> this a little easier, though really that's intended for people who
> want to run a WSGI server on a platform we don't have native packages
> for.

Not a problem, Dave, my presence here is to try to give feedback.
Using this URL lets me straight in; as you say the server is there,
waiting for a connection.

As a bit of feedback on the pgadmin4 release just announced, for users
coming at the installation via the wheel file on URL
https://www.pgadmin.org/download/, the pip install works fine on this
machine, but there is no guidance as to what to do with it once it is
there. pip says that pgadmin4 and psycopg are ready, but there is
nothing about what to do next to launch it as a bridge into the dev
documentation already online. I guess that comes later, or I missed it.

Re: pgadmin4: Server does not launch

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 5:44 PM, Colin Beckingham <colbec@kingston.net> wrote:

> On 08/06/16 12:22, Dave Page wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 5:03 PM, Colin Beckingham <colbec@kingston.net>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Right, forced an upgrade via pip2 and it overwrote the existing psycopg2.
>>> In
>>> interactive mode psycopg2 now imports correctly.
>>> Now, when I run step 3 from web directory the command is accepted but
>>> there
>>> is no output. The command appears to hang - ctrl C will interrupt it
>>> cleanly, I can see from Gnome monitor that a python instance has started
>>> but
>>> all cores are quiet at minimum usage. Not sure what I should expect to
>>> see
>>> at this point. Runtime pgAdmin4 still not working.
>>
>> I suspect it's actually running, but we're so used to seeing a ton of
>> debug output that we forget that if debug is off, not much happens
>> (happened to me earlier!).
>>
>> Try pointing your browser at http://127.0.0.1:5050.
>>
>> To see all the stuff we see, add the following to config_local.py and
>> restart:
>>
>> CONSOLE_LOG_LEVEL = DEBUG
>>
>> You can also send a copy of the output to a file, e.g.
>>
>> LOG_FILE = '/Users/dpage/pgadmin4.log'
>> FILE_LOG_LEVEL = DEBUG
>>
>> Please bear in mind that you're effectively in "developer" mode here.
>> The Windows/Mac packages I just announced should just run once
>> installed. Even the PIP package (pretty basic right now) will make
>> this a little easier, though really that's intended for people who
>> want to run a WSGI server on a platform we don't have native packages
>> for.
>>
> Not a problem, Dave, my presence here is to try to give feedback.
> Using this URL lets me straight in; as you say the server is there, waiting
> for a connection.
>
> As a bit of feedback on the pgadmin4 release just announced, for users
> coming at the installation via the wheel file on URL
> https://www.pgadmin.org/download/, the pip install works fine on this
> machine, but there is no guidance as to what to do with it once it is there.
> pip says that pgadmin4 and psycopg are ready, but there is nothing about
> what to do next to launch it as a bridge into the dev documentation already
> online. I guess that comes later, or I missed it.

Yeah, I'm planning to do that once I've reworked some of the PIP code.

Thanks for the feedback!