Обсуждение: pgadmin4 setup.py, first time run

pgadmin4 setup.py, first time run

От
Prasad
Дата:
Hi,

When you try to run pgadmin4 for first time(without presence of pgadmin4.db), it ask you to run setup.py. When you run
it,it throws python error as follows,
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/test/Development/pgadmin4/web/setup.py", line 145, in <module>
    do_setup(app)
  File "/home/test/Development/pgadmin4/web/setup.py", line 57, in do_setup
    user_datastore.add_role_to_user(email, 'Administrators')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Flask_Security-1.7.4-py2.7.egg/flask_security/datastore.py", line 106,
inadd_role_to_user
    if role not in user.roles:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'roles'

It's because,user_datastore.create_role,user_datastore.create_user and user_datastore.add_role_to_user all calls are
forin one database transaction. It need to commit it after first two calls or creating role and user for
add_role_to_userto work,

Find attached patch for this.

regards,
Prasad Somwanshi

Вложения

Re: pgadmin4 setup.py, first time run

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Khushboo, can you look at this please?

Thanks.

On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 12:42 AM, Prasad <prasad.s@mail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When you try to run pgadmin4 for first time(without presence of pgadmin4.db), it ask you to run setup.py. When you
runit, it throws python error as follows,
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/test/Development/pgadmin4/web/setup.py", line 145, in <module>
>     do_setup(app)
>   File "/home/test/Development/pgadmin4/web/setup.py", line 57, in do_setup
>     user_datastore.add_role_to_user(email, 'Administrators')
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Flask_Security-1.7.4-py2.7.egg/flask_security/datastore.py", line 106,
inadd_role_to_user
>     if role not in user.roles:
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'roles'
>
> It's because,user_datastore.create_role,user_datastore.create_user and user_datastore.add_role_to_user all calls are
forin one database transaction. It need to commit it after first two calls or creating role and user for
add_role_to_userto work,

> Find attached patch for this.
>
> regards,
> Prasad Somwanshi

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgadmin4 setup.py, first time run

От
Khushboo Vashi
Дата:
Yes. I am looking into this.

Thanks,
Khushboo

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Khushboo, can you look at this please?

Thanks.

On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 12:42 AM, Prasad <prasad.s@mail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When you try to run pgadmin4 for first time(without presence of pgadmin4.db), it ask you to run setup.py. When you run it, it throws python error as follows,
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/test/Development/pgadmin4/web/setup.py", line 145, in <module>
>     do_setup(app)
>   File "/home/test/Development/pgadmin4/web/setup.py", line 57, in do_setup
>     user_datastore.add_role_to_user(email, 'Administrators')
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Flask_Security-1.7.4-py2.7.egg/flask_security/datastore.py", line 106, in add_role_to_user
>     if role not in user.roles:
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'roles'
>
> It's because,user_datastore.create_role,user_datastore.create_user and user_datastore.add_role_to_user all calls are for in one database transaction. It need to commit it after first two calls or creating role and user for add_role_to_user to work,
>
> Find attached patch for this.
>
> regards,
> Prasad Somwanshi

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgadmin4 setup.py, first time run

От
Khushboo Vashi
Дата:
Hi Dave,

I have tried to reproduce the issue but couldn't reproduce it on UBUNTU as well as on MAC.

I have checked the online examples of SQLAlchemyUserDatastore, and I think
it is logical that before assigning the new role to the newly created user,  user should be committed first.

Thanks,
Khushboo

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 1:49 PM, Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Yes. I am looking into this.

Thanks,
Khushboo

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Khushboo, can you look at this please?

Thanks.

On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 12:42 AM, Prasad <prasad.s@mail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When you try to run pgadmin4 for first time(without presence of pgadmin4.db), it ask you to run setup.py. When you run it, it throws python error as follows,
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/test/Development/pgadmin4/web/setup.py", line 145, in <module>
>     do_setup(app)
>   File "/home/test/Development/pgadmin4/web/setup.py", line 57, in do_setup
>     user_datastore.add_role_to_user(email, 'Administrators')
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Flask_Security-1.7.4-py2.7.egg/flask_security/datastore.py", line 106, in add_role_to_user
>     if role not in user.roles:
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'roles'
>
> It's because,user_datastore.create_role,user_datastore.create_user and user_datastore.add_role_to_user all calls are for in one database transaction. It need to commit it after first two calls or creating role and user for add_role_to_user to work,
>
> Find attached patch for this.
>
> regards,
> Prasad Somwanshi

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgadmin4 setup.py, first time run

От
Prasad
Дата:
September07, 2015 at 12:36 PM<br /> From: "Khushboo Vashi" <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com><br /> To: "Dave
Page"<dpage@pgadmin.org><br /> Cc: Prasad <prasad.s@mail.com>, pgadmin-hackers
<pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org><br/> Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] pgadmin4 setup.py, first time run<br /><br
/>Hi Dave,<br /><br /> I have tried to reproduce the issue but couldn't reproduce it on UBUNTU as well as on MAC.<br
/><br/> I have checked the online examples of SQLAlchemyUserDatastore, and I think<br /> it is logical that before
/>On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 12:42 AM, Prasad <prasad.s@mail.com[prasad.s@mail.com]> wrote:<br /> > Hi,<br />
setup.py.When you run it, it throws python error as follows,<br /> > Traceback (most recent call last):<br /> >
>  File "/home/test/Development/pgadmin4/web/setup.py", line 57, in do_setup<br /> >
 user_datastore.add_role_to_user(email,'Administrators')<br /> >   File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Flask_Security-1.7.4-py2.7.egg/flask_security/datastore.py",line 106, in
add_role_to_user<br/> >     if role not in user.roles:<br /> > AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute
'roles'<br/> ><br /> > It's because,user_datastore.create_role,user_datastore.create_user and
user_datastore.add_role_to_userall calls are for in one database transaction. It need to commit it after first two
target="_blank">http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-hackers</a>[<a
href="http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-hackers"
EnterpriseDBUK: <a href="http://www.enterprisedb.com" target="_blank">http://www.enterprisedb.com</a>[<a
href="http://www.enterprisedb.com"target="_blank">http://www.enterprisedb.com</a>]<br /> The Enterprise PostgreSQL
Company</div></div>

Re: pgadmin4 setup.py, first time run

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Khushboo Vashi
<khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I have tried to reproduce the issue but couldn't reproduce it on UBUNTU as
> well as on MAC.

OK.

> I have checked the online examples of SQLAlchemyUserDatastore, and I think
> it is logical that before assigning the new role to the newly created user,
> user should be committed first.

Any particular reason why? Queries within a given transaction should
normally see changes made by other queries in the same transaction.

--

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 5:28 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Khushboo Vashi
<khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I have tried to reproduce the issue but couldn't reproduce it on UBUNTU as
> well as on MAC.

OK.

> I have checked the online examples of SQLAlchemyUserDatastore, and I think
> it is logical that before assigning the new role to the newly created user,
> user should be committed first.

Any particular reason why? Queries within a given transaction should
normally see changes made by other queries in the same transaction.

Also, I have read that, if the Role has already been created then we can assign that role while creating the new user.  So, I thought Role should be committed first and then we can use it. May be this was my misunderstanding.

Thanks,
Khushboo
--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgadmin4 setup.py, first time run

От
Khushboo Vashi

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 5:27 PM, Prasad <prasad.s@mail.com> wrote:
I'd this issue on Ubuntu x64. And using Python editor IDLE to run setup.py

I have also tried on Ubuntu x64, but couldn't reproduce.

regards,
Prasad Somwanshi

Sent: Monday, September 07, 2015 at 12:36 PM
From: "Khushboo Vashi" <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org>
Cc: Prasad <prasad.s@mail.com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] pgadmin4 setup.py, first time run

Hi Dave,

I have tried to reproduce the issue but couldn't reproduce it on UBUNTU as well as on MAC.

I have checked the online examples of SQLAlchemyUserDatastore, and I think
it is logical that before assigning the new role to the newly created user,  user should be committed first.
 Thanks,Khushboo

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 1:49 PM, Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

Yes. I am looking into this.
 Thanks,Khushboo

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 1:31 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org[dpage@pgadmin.org]> wrote:Khushboo, can you look at this please?

Thanks.

On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 12:42 AM, Prasad <prasad.s@mail.com[prasad.s@mail.com]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When you try to run pgadmin4 for first time(without presence of pgadmin4.db), it ask you to run setup.py. When you run it, it throws python error as follows,
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/test/Development/pgadmin4/web/setup.py", line 145, in <module>
>     do_setup(app)
>   File "/home/test/Development/pgadmin4/web/setup.py", line 57, in do_setup
>     user_datastore.add_role_to_user(email, 'Administrators')
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Flask_Security-1.7.4-py2.7.egg/flask_security/datastore.py", line 106, in add_role_to_user
>     if role not in user.roles:
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'roles'
>
> It's because,user_datastore.create_role,user_datastore.create_user and user_datastore.add_role_to_user all calls are for in one database transaction. It need to commit it after first two calls or creating role and user for add_role_to_user to work,
>
> Find attached patch for this.
>
> regards,
> Prasad Somwanshi

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com[http://pgsnake.blogspot.com]
Twitter: @pgsnake

EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com[http://www.enterprisedb.com]
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgadmin4 setup.py, first time run

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 1:53 PM, Khushboo Vashi

http://git.twopicode.com/nickw/flask-boilerplate/raw/f954ccd6e3269b043d0b33b3be1c3bfb90c358d3/WebApp/Application/__init__.py

> Also, I have read that, if the Role has already been created then we can
> assign that role while creating the new user.  So, I thought Role should be
> committed first and then we can use it. May be this was my misunderstanding.

OK, well it won't hurt to have an extra commit in there. Ashesh; can
you commit this change please?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgadmin4 setup.py, first time run

От
Ashesh Vashi
Дата:
On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 6:29 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 1:53 PM, Khushboo Vashi
<khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 5:28 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Khushboo Vashi
>> <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> > Hi Dave,
>> >
>> > I have tried to reproduce the issue but couldn't reproduce it on UBUNTU
>> > as
>> > well as on MAC.
>>
>> OK.
>>
>> > I have checked the online examples of SQLAlchemyUserDatastore, and I
>> > think
>> > it is logical that before assigning the new role to the newly created
>> > user,
>> > user should be committed first.
>>
>> Any particular reason why? Queries within a given transaction should
>> normally see changes made by other queries in the same transaction.
>

> I have followed below links for SQLAlchemyUserDatastore, so I thought this
> way.
>
> https://github.com/sasaporta/flask-security-admin-example/blob/master/main.py
> http://git.twopicode.com/nickw/flask-boilerplate/raw/f954ccd6e3269b043d0b33b3be1c3bfb90c358d3/WebApp/Application/__init__.py
>
> Also, I have read that, if the Role has already been created then we can
> assign that role while creating the new user.  So, I thought Role should be
> committed first and then we can use it. May be this was my misunderstanding.

OK, well it won't hurt to have an extra commit in there. Ashesh; can
you commit this change please?
Sure.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgadmin4 setup.py, first time run

От
Ronan Dunklau
Дата:
If you want DML to be sent to the database with SQLAlchemy, you don't
necessarily need to commit: the flush() method will send all pending DML
operations without commiting.

http://dalibo.com - http://dalibo.org

Вложения

Re: pgadmin4 setup.py, first time run

От
Ashesh Vashi
Дата:
On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Ronan Dunklau <ronan.dunklau@dalibo.com> wrote:
If you want DML to be sent to the database with SQLAlchemy, you don't
necessarily need to commit: the flush() method will send all pending DML
operations without commiting.
What do you suggest - should we should use flush(...) instead of commit(...)?

Prasad,

As none of us is able to reproduce the issue at our end, can you please check flush instead of commit at your end?

--

"Prasad Somwanshi"
Дата:
Yes, using flush does work.

regards,
Prasad Somwanshi

Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2015 at 11:14 AM
From: "Ashesh Vashi" <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com>
To: "Ronan Dunklau" <ronan.dunklau@dalibo.com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org>, "Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org>, "Khushboo Vashi"
<khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com>,Prasad <prasad.s@mail.com>

EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company[http://www.enterprisedb.com]

http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi[http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi]

https://github.com/sasaporta/flask-security-admin-example/blob/master/main[https://github.com/sasaporta/flask-security-admin-example/blob/master/main]

http://git.twopicode.com/nickw/flask-boilerplate/raw/f954ccd6e3269b043d0b3[http://git.twopicode.com/nickw/flask-boilerplate/raw/f954ccd6e3269b043d0b3]

http://dalibo.com[http://dalibo.com] - http://dalibo.org[http://dalibo.org]

Re: pgadmin4 setup.py, first time run

От
Ashesh Vashi
Дата:
Done.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi

Re: pgadmin4 setup.py, first time run

От
"Prasad Somwanshi"
Дата:
Good. Still surprised that nobody encountered it so far. It would have nice, if I got a mention in commit log , :(

regards,
Prasad

Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 6:50 AM
From: "Ashesh Vashi" <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com>
To: "Prasad Somwanshi" <prasad.s@mail.com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers@postgresql.org>

Done.

--

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 3:39 PM, Prasad Somwanshi <prasad.s@mail.com> wrote:
Good. Still surprised that nobody encountered it so far.
It would have nice, if I got a mention in commit log , :(
I sure - you will be for your contribution in future.
Please keep contributing.

Thanks once again.

Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 6:50 AM
From: "Ashesh Vashi" <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com>