Обсуждение: Announcement for 1.14 beta 1?

Announcement for 1.14 beta 1?

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Usually, we have an announcement, at least for the first beta. Anyway, I
think we need one.

Someone's already taking care of it?

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: Announcement for 1.14 beta 1?

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 9:42 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Usually, we have an announcement, at least for the first beta. Anyway, I
> think we need one.
>
> Someone's already taking care of it?

Can do (tomorrow) - unless you want to?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Announcement for 1.14 beta 1?

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On 05/03/2011 10:43 PM, Dave Page wrote:
> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 9:42 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> Usually, we have an announcement, at least for the first beta. Anyway, I
>> think we need one.
>>
>> Someone's already taking care of it?
>
> Can do (tomorrow) - unless you want to?

Never did that before, IIRC. It's just like a minor release
announcement? in this case, I can probably do it tonight. If it needs
more work, I still can do it, but at a later time.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr
 http://dalibo.com

Re: Announcement for 1.14 beta 1?

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 9:48 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> On 05/03/2011 10:43 PM, Dave Page wrote:
>> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 9:42 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>>> Usually, we have an announcement, at least for the first beta. Anyway, I
>>> think we need one.
>>>
>>> Someone's already taking care of it?
>>
>> Can do (tomorrow) - unless you want to?
>>

> Never did that before, IIRC. It's just like a minor release
> announcement? in this case, I can probably do it tonight. If it needs
> more work, I still can do it, but at a later time.

Yep, same process, just without the update to the "current version" on
the website. And we probably mention testing and not being for
production in the message, but you'll see that from last years :).

Thanks!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Announcement for 1.14 beta 1?

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On 05/03/2011 10:59 PM, Dave Page wrote:
> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 9:48 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> On 05/03/2011 10:43 PM, Dave Page wrote:

>>> Can do (tomorrow) - unless you want to?
>>>

>> Never did that before, IIRC. It's just like a minor release
>> announcement? in this case, I can probably do it tonight. If it needs
>> more work, I still can do it, but at a later time.
>
> Yep, same process, just without the update to the "current version" on
> the website. And we probably mention testing and not being for
> production in the message, but you'll see that from last years :).
>
> Thanks!

Done.

You didn't comment the visual tour. I'm quite sure there's still
wordings waiting to be fixed :)

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr
 http://dalibo.com

Re: Announcement for 1.14 beta 1?

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 10:25 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> On 05/03/2011 10:59 PM, Dave Page wrote:
>> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 9:48 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:

>>> Never did that before, IIRC. It's just like a minor release
>>> announcement? in this case, I can probably do it tonight. If it needs
>>> more work, I still can do it, but at a later time.
>>
>> Yep, same process, just without the update to the "current version" on
>> the website. And we probably mention testing and not being for
>> production in the message, but you'll see that from last years :).
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> Done.
>
> You didn't comment the visual tour. I'm quite sure there's still
> wordings waiting to be fixed :)

Hmmm, thought I did. Oh well - too tired now. Will look tomorrow.