Обсуждение: Build without WXUSINGDLL

Build without WXUSINGDLL

От
Jasmin Dizdarevic
Дата:
Hi,

I'm currently trying to build pgAdmin without the DLL flag. The build fails with "cannot find 'wxbase28_vc_custom.lib'".
The corresponding dll is present in the wxWidgets\lib\vc_dll folder and the build with DLL flag works.

What this library means and where to get or how to compile it?

Thank you
Jasmin

Re: Build without WXUSINGDLL

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 5:50 PM, Jasmin Dizdarevic
<jasmin.dizdarevic@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm currently trying to build pgAdmin without the DLL flag. The build fails
> with "cannot find 'wxbase28_vc_custom.lib'".
> The corresponding dll is present in the wxWidgets\lib\vc_dll folder and the
> build with DLL flag works.
> What this library means and where to get or how to compile it?

Building without WXUSINGDLL is not supported, and won't work even if
you do find all the libraries (which, FWIW, would be in
wxWidgets\lib\vc_lib iirc).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Build without WXUSINGDLL

От
Jasmin Dizdarevic
Дата:
I see, how to build pgadmin the release way?
Because, when I build now, it requires that the *vc_custom.dll is present on the system. When installing pgAdmin, this is not required.

2011/1/12 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 5:50 PM, Jasmin Dizdarevic
<jasmin.dizdarevic@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm currently trying to build pgAdmin without the DLL flag. The build fails
> with "cannot find 'wxbase28_vc_custom.lib'".
> The corresponding dll is present in the wxWidgets\lib\vc_dll folder and the
> build with DLL flag works.
> What this library means and where to get or how to compile it?

Building without WXUSINGDLL is not supported, and won't work even if
you do find all the libraries (which, FWIW, would be in
wxWidgets\lib\vc_lib iirc).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Build without WXUSINGDLL

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Jasmin Dizdarevic
<jasmin.dizdarevic@gmail.com> wrote:
> I see, how to build pgadmin the release way?
> Because, when I build now, it requires that the *vc_custom.dll is present on
> the system. When installing pgAdmin, this is not required.

You can use the build-wxmsw.bat script in xtra/wx-build in the pgAdmin
source tree to build wxWidgets appropriately.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Build without WXUSINGDLL

От
Jasmin Dizdarevic
Дата:
I did that now. A completely new build of wx via the bat and a release build of pgAdmin.

When starting pgadmin the wxbase28u_vc_custom.dll is still required. Another point is, that the pgadmin3.exe is just 6.7 MB. The original exe (from installer) is 11,7 MB.
I think there are one or more libraries missing, that should be linked into the assembly.

2011/1/12 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Jasmin Dizdarevic
> I see, how to build pgadmin the release way?
> Because, when I build now, it requires that the *vc_custom.dll is present on
> the system. When installing pgAdmin, this is not required.

You can use the build-wxmsw.bat script in xtra/wx-build in the pgAdmin
source tree to build wxWidgets appropriately.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Build without WXUSINGDLL

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 9:18 PM, Jasmin Dizdarevic
<jasmin.dizdarevic@gmail.com> wrote:
> I did that now. A completely new build of wx via the bat and a release build
> of pgAdmin.
> When starting pgadmin the wxbase28u_vc_custom.dll is still required. Another
> point is, that the pgadmin3.exe is just 6.7 MB. The original exe (from
> installer) is 11,7 MB.
> I think there are one or more libraries missing, that should be linked into
> the assembly.

No, it's just that we stopped statically linking wxWidgets, and
started dynamically linking. So the .exe is smaller, but there are now
DLLs required.