Обсуждение: Visual relicts gqb

Visual relicts gqb

От
"Steffen Kuhn"
Дата:
Hi Guillaume,

there are still this strange visual relicts (seen on Windows Vista) in pgAdmin III 12.0 rc1.
See a screenshot attached. It looks like the "canvas" size is not determined
correct and difference is not repainted.

Regards Steffen
Вложения

Re: Visual relicts gqb

От
Ashesh Vashi
Дата:
Hi Stefen,

Does right click  on canvas and press "refresh" context menu resolves the issue?

--
Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise Postgres Company

there are still this strange visual relicts (seen on Windows Vista) in pgAdmin III 12.0 rc1.
See a screenshot attached. It looks like the "canvas" size is not determined
correct and difference is not repainted.

Regards Steffen

Re: Visual relicts gqb

От
"Steffen Kuhn"
Дата:
Hi Ashesh,

no refresh does not solve the problem.

Regards Steffen

On 30.08.2010 12:37 "Ashesh Vashi" <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com>
wrote:
> Hi Stefen,
>

> Does right click on canvas and press "refresh" context menu resolves the
> issue?
>

> -- Thanks & Regards, Ashesh Vashi EnterpriseDB INDIA:Enterprise Postgres
> Company <http://www.enterprisedb.com>
>

> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Steffen Kuhn <<pg@kuhnsteffen.de>>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Guillaume,
> >
> > there are still this strange visual relicts (seen on Windows Vista) in
> > pgAdmin III 12.0 rc1.
> > See a screenshot attached. It looks like the "canvas" size is not
> > determined
> > correct and difference is not repainted.
> >
> > Regards Steffen
> >
> > --

Re: Visual relicts gqb

От
Ashesh Vashi
Дата:
Hi Steffen,

Can add a table in to that view and take it to beyond that point and say 'refresh'?
Does it refresh it well?

--
Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise Postgres Company

> Does right click on canvas and press "refresh" context menu resolves the
> issue?
>

> -- Thanks & Regards, Ashesh Vashi EnterpriseDB INDIA:Enterprise Postgres
> Company <http://www.enterprisedb.com>
>

> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Steffen Kuhn <<pg@kuhnsteffen.de>>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Guillaume,
> >
> > there are still this strange visual relicts (seen on Windows Vista) in
> > pgAdmin III 12.0 rc1.
> > See a screenshot attached. It looks like the "canvas" size is not
> > determined
> > correct and difference is not repainted.
> >
> > Regards Steffen
> >
> > --

Re: Visual relicts gqb

От
"Steffen Kuhn"
Дата:
Hi Ashesh,

moving behind this point / border is possible.
A refresh does not trigger a repaint. But a double click
for adding an alias does and the border moves a bit to the right and
the table is viewed completely.

Regards Steffen

On 30.08.2010 13:37 "Ashesh Vashi" <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com>
wrote:
> Hi Steffen,
>

> Can add a table in to that view and take it to beyond that point and say
> 'refresh'?
>
> Does it refresh it well?
>

> -- Thanks & Regards, Ashesh Vashi EnterpriseDB INDIA:Enterprise Postgres
> Company <http://www.enterprisedb.com>
>

> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Steffen Kuhn <<pg@kuhnsteffen.de>>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Ashesh,
> >
> > no refresh does not solve the problem.
> >
> > Regards Steffen
> >

> > On 30.08.2010 12:37 "Ashesh Vashi" <<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com>>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Stefen,
> > >

> > > Does right click on canvas and press "refresh" context menu resolves
> > > the
> > > issue?
> > >

> > > -- Thanks & Regards, Ashesh Vashi EnterpriseDB INDIA:Enterprise
> > > Postgres
> >
> > > Company <<http://www.enterprisedb.com>>
> >

> > > On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Steffen Kuhn
> > > <<<pg@kuhnsteffen.de>>>

Re: Visual relicts gqb

От
Ashesh Vashi
Дата:
That's means - the current hard coded value: GQB_MIN_WIDTH->1280 & GQB_MIN_HEIGHT->800 are not enough on some system.
We need some way to identify  the actual size of the window, by modifying the updateModelSize function in the gqb/gqbView.cpp file.

I am working on it.

--

wrote:
> Hi Steffen,
>

> Can add a table in to that view and take it to beyond that point and say
> 'refresh'?
>
> Does it refresh it well?
>

> -- Thanks & Regards, Ashesh Vashi EnterpriseDB INDIA:Enterprise Postgres
> Company <http://www.enterprisedb.com>
>

> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Steffen Kuhn <<pg@kuhnsteffen.de>>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Ashesh,
> >
> > no refresh does not solve the problem.
> >
> > Regards Steffen
> >

> > On 30.08.2010 12:37 "Ashesh Vashi" <<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com>>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Stefen,
> > >

> > > Does right click on canvas and press "refresh" context menu resolves
> > > the
> > > issue?
> > >

> > > -- Thanks & Regards, Ashesh Vashi EnterpriseDB INDIA:Enterprise
> > > Postgres
> >
> > > Company <<http://www.enterprisedb.com>>
> >

> > > On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Steffen Kuhn
> > > <<<pg@kuhnsteffen.de>>>

Re: Visual relicts gqb

От
Ashesh Vashi
Дата:
Hi Guillaume/Dave,

Please find the patch for the same.

--

wrote:
> Hi Steffen,
>

> Can add a table in to that view and take it to beyond that point and say
> 'refresh'?
>
> Does it refresh it well?
>

> -- Thanks & Regards, Ashesh Vashi EnterpriseDB INDIA:Enterprise Postgres
> Company <http://www.enterprisedb.com>
>

> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Steffen Kuhn <<pg@kuhnsteffen.de>>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Ashesh,
> >
> > no refresh does not solve the problem.
> >
> > Regards Steffen
> >

> > On 30.08.2010 12:37 "Ashesh Vashi" <<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com>>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Stefen,
> > >

> > > Does right click on canvas and press "refresh" context menu resolves
> > > the
> > > issue?
> > >

> > > -- Thanks & Regards, Ashesh Vashi EnterpriseDB INDIA:Enterprise
> > > Postgres
> >
> > > Company <<http://www.enterprisedb.com>>
> >

> > > On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Steffen Kuhn
> > > <<<pg@kuhnsteffen.de>>>

Re: Visual relicts gqb

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Thanks Ashesh. Steffen - I can't reproduce the issue here; can you test the patch please, and confirm it resolves the issue for you, without introducing any regressions?

Thanks.

wrote:
> Hi Steffen,
>

> Can add a table in to that view and take it to beyond that point and say
> 'refresh'?
>
> Does it refresh it well?
>

> -- Thanks & Regards, Ashesh Vashi EnterpriseDB INDIA:Enterprise Postgres
> Company <http://www.enterprisedb.com>
>

> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Steffen Kuhn <<pg@kuhnsteffen.de>>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Ashesh,
> >
> > no refresh does not solve the problem.
> >
> > Regards Steffen
> >

> > On 30.08.2010 12:37 "Ashesh Vashi" <<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com>>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Stefen,
> > >

> > > Does right click on canvas and press "refresh" context menu resolves
> > > the
> > > issue?
> > >

> > > -- Thanks & Regards, Ashesh Vashi EnterpriseDB INDIA:Enterprise
> > > Postgres
> >
> > > Company <<http://www.enterprisedb.com>>
> >

> > > On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Steffen Kuhn
> > > <<<pg@kuhnsteffen.de>>>

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Visual relicts gqb

От
Ashesh Vashi
Дата:
Dave,

If you have bigger screen with higher resolution, you will be able to reproduce the same on your side.
That's because of the values of GQB_MIN_WIDTH->1200 and GQB_MAX_HEIGHT->800.

If we set it to some high values for the same, it can be resolved easily, but it is not the correct solution.
The patch will take care of it.

--

wrote:
> Hi Steffen,
>

> Can add a table in to that view and take it to beyond that point and say
> 'refresh'?
>
> Does it refresh it well?
>

> -- Thanks & Regards, Ashesh Vashi EnterpriseDB INDIA:Enterprise Postgres
> Company <http://www.enterprisedb.com>
>

> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Steffen Kuhn <<pg@kuhnsteffen.de>>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Ashesh,
> >
> > no refresh does not solve the problem.
> >
> > Regards Steffen
> >

> > On 30.08.2010 12:37 "Ashesh Vashi" <<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com>>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Stefen,
> > >

> > > Does right click on canvas and press "refresh" context menu resolves
> > > the
> > > issue?
> > >

> > > -- Thanks & Regards, Ashesh Vashi EnterpriseDB INDIA:Enterprise
> > > Postgres
> >
> > > Company <<http://www.enterprisedb.com>>
> >

> > > On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Steffen Kuhn
> > > <<<pg@kuhnsteffen.de>>>

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Visual relicts gqb

От
Dave Page

If you have bigger screen with higher resolution, you will be able to reproduce the same on your side.
That's because of the values of GQB_MIN_WIDTH->1200 and GQB_MAX_HEIGHT->800.

If we set it to some high values for the same, it can be resolved easily, but it is not the correct solution.
The patch will take care of it.

OK, seems this doesn't occur on OSX. I could reproduce when I cranked up my XP box.

Anyway - thanks, patch applied

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Visual relicts gqb

От
"Steffen Kuhn"
Дата:
Hi Dave,

as I see the patch has already been appplied now.
But anyway I applied the patch yesterday on my ubuntu and xp
and it fixed the issue and as far as I could see there were no sideeffects.
Thanks to Ashesh.

Regards Steffen

On 31.08.2010 14:41 "Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> Thanks Ashesh. Steffen - I can't reproduce the issue here; can you test
> the patch please, and confirm it resolves the issue for you, without
> introducing any regressions?
>

> Thanks.
>

> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Ashesh Vashi
> <<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com>> wrote:
>
> > Hi Guillaume/Dave,
> >

> > Please find the patch for the same.
> >

> > -- Thanks & Regards, Ashesh Vashi EnterpriseDB INDIA:Enterprise
> > Postgres Company <http://www.enterprisedb.com>
> >

> > On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Ashesh Vashi
> > <<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com>> wrote:
> >
> > > That's means - the current hard coded value: GQB_MIN_WIDTH->1280
> > > & GQB_MIN_HEIGHT->800 are not enough on some system.
> > > We need some way to identify the actual size of the window, by
> > > modifying the updateModelSize function in the gqb/gqbView.cpp file.
> > >

> > > I am working on it.
> > >

> > > --
> > >
> > > Thanks & Regards, Ashesh Vashi EnterpriseDB INDIA:Enterprise
> > > Postgres Company <http://www.enterprisedb.com>

> > --

> Dave Page
> Blog: <http://pgsnake.blogspot.com>
> Twitter: @pgsnake
>
> EnterpriseDB UK: <http://www.enterprisedb.com>
> The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Visual relicts gqb

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Thanks Steffen.

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 4:03 PM, Steffen Kuhn <pg@kuhnsteffen.de> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> as I see the patch has already been appplied now.
> But anyway I applied the patch yesterday on my ubuntu and xp
> and it fixed the issue and as far as I could see there were no sideeffects.
> Thanks to Ashesh.
>
> Regards Steffen
>

> On 31.08.2010 14:41 "Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>> Thanks Ashesh. Steffen - I can't reproduce the issue here; can you test
>> the patch please, and confirm it resolves the issue for you, without
>> introducing any regressions?
>>

>> Thanks.
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Ashesh Vashi
>> <<ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Guillaume/Dave,
>> >

>> > Please find the patch for the same.
>> >

>> > -- Thanks & Regards, Ashesh Vashi EnterpriseDB INDIA:Enterprise
>> > Postgres Company <http://www.enterprisedb.com>

>> > --
>> >

>> --
>> Dave Page