Обсуждение: Something about the output data.

Something about the output data.

От
韦春阳
Дата:
Hi all,
I want to do some improvement to the output data.
When execute a query, if one column of the result data is something like text or large varchar or xml, the output can't show all of them, it's not very convenient for user to check the data.
Like MSSQL, when the result column is an xml type, it show as a hyperlink, and one can click it and show a new window which contains the whole text.
I want to improve the pgadmin just like the MSSQL.
But I don't obtain much knowledge about the wxWidgets, so I want to asking for help.

Is there any method to show the content of the wxGrid as hyperlink, and is there any eventhandler of wxGrid to process the click of it's content.
Wish someone could help me~

Thanks a lot! Very appreciate your help~~~

Bessie

Re: Something about the output data.

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 11/08/2010 18:33, 韦春阳 a écrit :
> Hi all,
> I want to do some improvement to the output data.
> When execute a query, if one column of the result data is something like
> text or large varchar or xml, the output can't show all of them, it's not
> very convenient for user to check the data.
> Like MSSQL, when the result column is an xml type, it show as a hyperlink,
> and one can click it and show a new window which contains the whole text.
> I want to improve the pgadmin just like the MSSQL.
> But I don't obtain much knowledge about the wxWidgets, so I want to asking
> for help.
>
> Is there any method to show the content of the wxGrid as hyperlink, and is
> there any eventhandler of wxGrid to process the click of it's content.
> Wish someone could help me~

An hyperlink is probably not needed. Actually, I won't prefer to have a
contextual menu: Right click of a user on a cell shows a menu with a new
item (called for example "edit cell in another window"), and if the user
choose this cell, open a window with the correct widget to edit the cell
(text, date/time, boolean, etc). It would help also to set a NULL value.

That would be great to have.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: Something about the output data.

От
Dave Page
Дата:
We should look into having 'Visualisers' like the VC++ debugger. These
could be simple options on the context menu to view (or attempt to
view) the value in windows that can display images, text, XML, JSON,
YAML etc (with an appropriate highlighter). We could even have
visualisers for audio, video or GIS data.

On Wednesday, August 11, 2010, Guillaume Lelarge  wrote:
> Le 11/08/2010 18:33, 韦春阳 a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>> I want to do some improvement to the output data.
>> When execute a query, if one column of the result data is something like
>> text or large varchar or xml, the output can't show all of them, it's not
>> very convenient for user to check the data.
>> Like MSSQL, when the result column is an xml type, it show as a hyperlink,
>> and one can click it and show a new window which contains the whole text.
>> I want to improve the pgadmin just like the MSSQL.
>> But I don't obtain much knowledge about the wxWidgets, so I want to asking
>> for help.
>>
>> Is there any method to show the content of the wxGrid as hyperlink, and is
>> there any eventhandler of wxGrid to process the click of it's content.
>> Wish someone could help me~
>>

> An hyperlink is probably not needed. Actually, I won't prefer to have a
> contextual menu: Right click of a user on a cell shows a menu with a new
> item (called for example "edit cell in another window"), and if the user
> choose this cell, open a window with the correct widget to edit the cell
> (text, date/time, boolean, etc). It would help also to set a NULL value.
>
> That would be great to have.
>

> --
> Guillaume
>  http://www.postgresql.fr
>  http://dalibo.com

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Something about the output data.

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 11/08/2010 22:37, Dave Page a écrit :
> We should look into having 'Visualisers' like the VC++ debugger. These
> could be simple options on the context menu to view (or attempt to
> view) the value in windows that can display images, text, XML, JSON,
> YAML etc (with an appropriate highlighter). We could even have
> visualisers for audio, video or GIS data.

That would be great, but it's a whole project by itself.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: Something about the output data.

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Le 11/08/2010 22:37, Dave Page a écrit :
>> We should look into having 'Visualisers' like the VC++ debugger. These
>> could be simple options on the context menu to view (or attempt to
>> view) the value in windows that can display images, text, XML, JSON,
>> YAML etc (with an appropriate highlighter). We could even have
>> visualisers for audio, video or GIS data.
>>

> That would be great, but it's a whole project by itself.

I don't think it's that much work. A few hours for you or I to get a
couple of basic visualisers up and working. Longer for someone less
experienced of course.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Something about the output data.

От
韦春阳
Дата:
I'm a beginner, and I'm not very familiar with the wxWidgets.
So, I wish I could get some advice from you.
How can the new windows show exactly one specific table content in the wxGrid? And in the pgAdmin project, which part of code should I work on?

2010/8/12 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Le 11/08/2010 22:37, Dave Page a écrit :
>> We should look into having 'Visualisers' like the VC++ debugger. These
>> could be simple options on the context menu to view (or attempt to
>> view) the value in windows that can display images, text, XML, JSON,
>> YAML etc (with an appropriate highlighter). We could even have
>> visualisers for audio, video or GIS data.
>>

> That would be great, but it's a whole project by itself.

I don't think it's that much work. A few hours for you or I to get a
couple of basic visualisers up and working. Longer for someone less
experienced of course.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: Something about the output data.

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 12/08/2010 07:40, 韦春阳 a écrit :
> I'm a beginner, and I'm not very familiar with the wxWidgets.
> So, I wish I could get some advice from you.
> How can the new windows show exactly one specific table content in the
> wxGrid? And in the pgAdmin project, which part of code should I work on?

Well, the form you talked about is frmEditGrid. You can find the source
code in pgadmin/frm/frmEditGrid.cpp (and its header in
pgadmin/include/frm/frmEditGrid.h). We don't use directly a wxGrid, but
a custom component derived from it. I think you first need to be more
familiar with frmEditGrid before trying/coding anything.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: Something about the output data.

От
韦春阳
Дата:
Thanks for your help.
I look at the frmQuery.cpp. In it, the sqlResult object take charge of showing the result table of the sql query execution.
The sqlResult is a pointer of ctlSQLResult,which derived from ctlSQLGrid, which derived from wxGrid.
Can I make some change to it to get this purpose:
I want to click one detail of the table, or something action like that, and show a new window contains the whole text.
I've no idea about how to do this, can you give me some advice?
Thank you very much.

Bessie

2010/8/12 Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>
Le 12/08/2010 07:40, 韦春阳 a écrit :
> I'm a beginner, and I'm not very familiar with the wxWidgets.
> So, I wish I could get some advice from you.
> How can the new windows show exactly one specific table content in the
> wxGrid? And in the pgAdmin project, which part of code should I work on?

Well, the form you talked about is frmEditGrid. You can find the source
code in pgadmin/frm/frmEditGrid.cpp (and its header in
pgadmin/include/frm/frmEditGrid.h). We don't use directly a wxGrid, but
a custom component derived from it. I think you first need to be more
familiar with frmEditGrid before trying/coding anything.

Re: Something about the output data.

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 12/08/2010 16:48, 韦春阳 a écrit :
> Thanks for your help.
> I look at the *frmQuery.cpp*. In it, the *sqlResult* object take charge of
> showing the result table of the sql query execution.
> The sqlResult is a pointer of *ctlSQLResult*,which derived from *ctlSQLGrid*,
> which derived from wxGrid.
> Can I make some change to it to get this purpose:
> I want to click one detail of the table, or something action like that, and
> show a new window contains the whole text.
> I've no idea about how to do this, can you give me some advice?

Not sure what you want me to tell you. The simplest thing to do is open
a window if the user double click or right click on a cell. This should
be pretty easy to do. I don't see what's your issue. Please can you tell
us more?

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr