Обсуждение: Broken 1.8.2 source tar ball?

Broken 1.8.2 source tar ball?

От
Zdenek Kotala
Дата:
Hi all,

I'm solving problem with pgadmin tarball it contains ??_?? in i18n directory.
This directory is empty, but it generates problem with ksh93.

Is it possible to rewrap it or release 1.8.3?

        thanks Zdenek

Re: Broken 1.8.2 source tar ball?

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 9:16 AM, Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm solving problem with pgadmin tarball it contains ??_?? in i18n
> directory. This directory is empty, but it generates problem with ksh93.
>
> Is it possible to rewrap it or release 1.8.3?

1.8.3 should probably be released soon, but I'm not going to rewrap
1.8.2. Can you see what caused the problem?

--
Dave Page

Re: Broken 1.8.2 source tar ball?

От
Magnus Hagander
Dave Page wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 9:16 AM, Zdenek Kotala
> <Zdenek.Kotala@sun.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm solving problem with pgadmin tarball it contains ??_?? in i18n
> > directory. This directory is empty, but it generates problem with
> > ksh93.
> >
> > Is it possible to rewrap it or release 1.8.3?
>
> 1.8.3 should probably be released soon, but I'm not going to rewrap
> 1.8.2. Can you see what caused the problem?

Didn't we have a similar issue in the main backend, that was due to a
broken version of "tar"? Any chance you are using a broken version of
tar to unpack it, or if a broken version of tar was used to pack it?

//Magnus

Re: Broken 1.8.2 source tar ball?

От
Zdenek Kotala
Дата:
Dave Page napsal(a):
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 9:16 AM, Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@sun.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm solving problem with pgadmin tarball it contains ??_?? in i18n
>> directory. This directory is empty, but it generates problem with ksh93.
>>
>> Is it possible to rewrap it or release 1.8.3?
>
> 1.8.3 should probably be released soon, but I'm not going to rewrap
> 1.8.2.

>Can you see what caused the problem?

pga 1.8.2 is integrated into OpenSolaris SFW repository and some command/script
has problem when works with this repository (in ksh93). Probably some extra
quoting is necessary. I don't have details yet, I contacted submitter, but he is
in different TZ. I can fix it with rm after unpacking, but better solution is
put new tarbal into repository.

What soon exactly mean? I think I can wait one or two weeks.

        Zdenek

Re: Broken 1.8.2 source tar ball?

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 9:47 AM, Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@sun.com> wrote:
> Dave Page napsal(a):
>
> > Can you see what caused the problem?
> >

> pga 1.8.2 is integrated into OpenSolaris SFW repository and some
> command/script has problem when works with this repository (in ksh93).
> Probably some extra quoting is necessary. I don't have details yet, I
> contacted submitter, but he is in different TZ. I can fix it with rm after
> unpacking, but better solution is put new tarbal into repository.

No, I mean what caused the problem when the tarball was generated? The
file is in there:

drwxrwxrwx dpage/dpage       0 2008-02-01 09:26 pgadmin3-1.8.2/i18n/
drwxrwxrwx dpage/dpage       0 2008-02-01 09:26 pgadmin3-1.8.2/i18n/??_??/
drwxrwxrwx dpage/dpage       0 2008-02-01 09:27 pgadmin3-1.8.2/i18n/af_ZA/

I just don't have time to investigate right now. From memory, ??_?? is
the wildcard used to package up the i18n directories, but I don't see
offhand why tar would include it as a directory itself.

> What soon exactly mean? I think I can wait one or two weeks.

Unknown at the moment. I'm pretty busy right now. Possibly next week.

--
Dave Page

Re: Broken 1.8.2 source tar ball?

От
Zdenek Kotala
Дата:
Magnus Hagander napsal(a):
> Dave Page wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 9:16 AM, Zdenek Kotala
>> <Zdenek.Kotala@sun.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'm solving problem with pgadmin tarball it contains ??_?? in i18n
>>> directory. This directory is empty, but it generates problem with
>>> ksh93.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to rewrap it or release 1.8.3?
>> 1.8.3 should probably be released soon, but I'm not going to rewrap
>> 1.8.2. Can you see what caused the problem?
>
> Didn't we have a similar issue in the main backend, that was due to a
> broken version of "tar"? Any chance you are using a broken version of
> tar to unpack it, or if a broken version of tar was used to pack it?

The problem with backend was a length of PATH. This is real content. I try two
version of tar (solaris and gnu) and both generate same result.

        Zdenek

Re: Broken 1.8.2 source tar ball?

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@sun.com> wrote:

> The problem with backend was a length of PATH. This is real content. I try
> two version of tar (solaris and gnu) and both generate same result.

I think we're misunderstanding each other here. The ??_?? directory
*is* in the tarball. I see it on the build machine. The question is,
why is it there - is there something wrong with the makefile?

If I simply re-roll (or release 1.8.3) I see no reason to think that
the same problem won't exist in that too.

--
Dave Page