Обсуждение: Synching RPM spec file with the community spec

Synching RPM spec file with the community spec

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi ,

Could a committer please commit this spec to pkg/redhat/pgadmin3.spec ?

https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pgcore/browser/rpm/redhat/8.3/pgadmin3/F-9/pgadmin3.spec?format=raw

This is the spec used in Fedora/EPEL and PGDG packages.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE

Re: Synching RPM spec file with the community spec

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Jan 25, 2008 7:25 PM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> Could a committer please commit this spec to pkg/redhat/pgadmin3.spec ?
>
> https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pgcore/browser/rpm/redhat/8.3/pgadmin3/F-9/pgadmin3.spec?format=raw
>
> This is the spec used in Fedora/EPEL and PGDG packages.

Sure - but will it work on other platforms? ie. can I replace the
mandrake, suse and redhat packaging directories with a single one for
RPMs? Given the lack of maintenance they get, I'd love to be able to
do so.....

/D

Re: Synching RPM spec file with the community spec

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 20:51 +0000, Dave Page wrote:

> https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pgcore/browser/rpm/redhat/8.3/pgadmin3/F-9/pgadmin3.spec?format=raw
> >
> > This is the spec used in Fedora/EPEL and PGDG packages.
>
> Sure - but will it work on other platforms? ie. can I replace the
> mandrake, suse and redhat packaging directories with a single one for
> RPMs?

I don't think so. I don't have SuSE and Mandrake around, but I think
these specs may not work there.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE

Re: Synching RPM spec file with the community spec

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Jan 25, 2008 8:57 PM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 20:51 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> > >
> > https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pgcore/browser/rpm/redhat/8.3/pgadmin3/F-9/pgadmin3.spec?format=raw
> > >
> > > This is the spec used in Fedora/EPEL and PGDG packages.
> >
> > Sure - but will it work on other platforms? ie. can I replace the
> > mandrake, suse and redhat packaging directories with a single one for
> > RPMs?
>
> I don't think so. I don't have SuSE and Mandrake around, but I think
> these specs may not work there.

:-(

Oh well - I've updated the file in the Redhat directory for 1.8.x and trunk.

Thanks!!

Regards, Dave

Re: Synching RPM spec file with the community spec

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
Hi.

> On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 20:51 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> > >
> > https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pgcore/browser/rpm/redhat/8.3/pgadmin3/F-9/pgadmin3.spec?format=raw
> > >
> > > This is the spec used in Fedora/EPEL and PGDG packages.
> >
> > Sure - but will it work on other platforms? ie. can I replace the
> > mandrake, suse and redhat packaging directories with a single one for
> > RPMs?
>
> I don't think so. I don't have SuSE and Mandrake around, but I think
> these specs may not work there.

I will check on SuSE, although change may be necessity.

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: Synching RPM spec file with the community spec

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Jan 27, 2008 2:18 AM, Hiroshi Saito <z-saito@guitar.ocn.ne.jp> wrote:
> I will check on SuSE, although change may be necessity.

Thanks. I guess the changes may well be in the naming of dependency
packages. Can you do something like:

#if $PLATFORM == 'suse'
else
#endif

in a specfile? I'd really like to have one file for all platforms if we can.

/D

Re: Synching RPM spec file with the community spec

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 11:30 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> I'd really like to have one file for all platforms if we can.

...or people will drop using (Open)SuSE and Mandriva :-P
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE

Re: Synching RPM spec file with the community spec

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Jan 27, 2008 11:34 AM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 11:30 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> > I'd really like to have one file for all platforms if we can.
>
> ...or people will drop using (Open)SuSE and Mandriva :-P

Yeah, well - we can all wish :-). I'll put that on my list along with
the Ferrari Enzo...

/D

Re: Synching RPM spec file with the community spec

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 11:45 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> > ...or people will drop using (Open)SuSE and Mandriva :-P
> >

> Yeah, well - we can all wish :-). I'll put that on my list along with
> the Ferrari Enzo...

Wait, you can buy a Ferrari Enzo with money -- I have no idea about the
other :-P
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE