Обсуждение: Table FILLFACTOR support

Table FILLFACTOR support

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Hi all,

Here is a patch to add support for FILLFACTOR option on tables.
Fillfactor is visible on the properties tab of a table view and on the
table dialog. A user can add a fillfactor value at table's creation
time, but can't change it later.

I don't think this patch should be applied right now. I need tips and
advices on it. I also wish to add index FILLFACTOR option support if I
still have time to.

Thanks.

Regards.

PS : the patch is a bit fat because of the xrcDialogs.cpp file...

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/

Вложения

Re: Table FILLFACTOR support

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here is a patch to add support for FILLFACTOR option on tables.
> Fillfactor is visible on the properties tab of a table view and on the
> table dialog. A user can add a fillfactor value at table's creation
> time, but can't change it later.
>
> I don't think this patch should be applied right now. I need tips and
> advices on it. I also wish to add index FILLFACTOR option support if I
> still have time to.

OK. My only suggestion is don't mix up your operator usage - for
example, on one line you might use:

sql += wxT("Foo");

and on the next:

sql = sql + wxT("Foo");

Other than that, it passes the eyeball test - everything looks sane, and
you've hit the parts of the code I'd expect.

Please test table creation on 8.1 and 8.2, and check that the reverse
engineered SQL from a suitable table on each server version can be
executed as expected and go ahead and commit. Oh, and don't forget to
hit the CHANGELOG!

Thanks, Dave.

Re: Table FILLFACTOR support

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Dave Page a écrit :
> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>> Here is a patch to add support for FILLFACTOR option on tables.
>> Fillfactor is visible on the properties tab of a table view and on the
>> table dialog. A user can add a fillfactor value at table's creation
>> time, but can't change it later.
>>
>> I don't think this patch should be applied right now. I need tips and
>> advices on it. I also wish to add index FILLFACTOR option support if I
>> still have time to.
>
> OK. My only suggestion is don't mix up your operator usage - for
> example, on one line you might use:
>
> sql += wxT("Foo");
>
> and on the next:
>
> sql = sql + wxT("Foo");

This is fixed.

> Other than that, it passes the eyeball test - everything looks sane, and
> you've hit the parts of the code I'd expect.

Can you check once again ? I've added index support for fillfactor option.

> Please test table creation on 8.1 and 8.2, and check that the reverse
> engineered SQL from a suitable table on each server version can be
> executed as expected and go ahead and commit. Oh, and don't forget to
> hit the CHANGELOG!

I've tried both of them, with and without a specific fillfactor value. I
did the same tests for index creation. I wait for your answer before I
commit it.

Thanks.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/
      http://lfs.traduc.org/
      http://docs.postgresqlfr.org/ -->

Вложения

Re: Table FILLFACTOR support

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Can you check once again ? I've added index support for fillfactor option.
>
>> Please test table creation on 8.1 and 8.2, and check that the reverse
>> engineered SQL from a suitable table on each server version can be
>> executed as expected and go ahead and commit. Oh, and don't forget to
>> hit the CHANGELOG!
>>

> I've tried both of them, with and without a specific fillfactor value. I
> did the same tests for index creation. I wait for your answer before I
> commit it.

Passes the eyeball test. I'll trust you with the rest of the testing :-)

Please go ahead and commit.

Regards, Dave

Re: Table FILLFACTOR support

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Dave Page a écrit :
> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>> Can you check once again ? I've added index support for fillfactor option.
>>
>>> Please test table creation on 8.1 and 8.2, and check that the reverse
>>> engineered SQL from a suitable table on each server version can be
>>> executed as expected and go ahead and commit. Oh, and don't forget to
>>> hit the CHANGELOG!
>>>
>> I've tried both of them, with and without a specific fillfactor value. I
>> did the same tests for index creation. I wait for your answer before I
>> commit it.
>
> Passes the eyeball test. I'll trust you with the rest of the testing :-)
>
> Please go ahead and commit.

Done, thanks :)

--
Guillaume.