Обсуждение: bug report about tips

bug report about tips

От
Quan Zongliang
Дата:
hi!

I am translating tips.txt to Chinese-simplified.
It seems in frmHint.cpp has a bug.

When read multibyte tips file, always display "Failed to convert file ... to Unicode".
It is throwed at line 135 in wxWidgets\src\common\textfile.cpp.

After line 129: const wxString str(buf, conv, bufPos); is executed,
the variable str is empty.

Regards.

Re: bug report about tips

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Quan Zongliang wrote:
> hi!
>
> I am translating tips.txt to Chinese-simplified.
> It seems in frmHint.cpp has a bug.
>
> When read multibyte tips file, always display "Failed to convert file ... to Unicode".
> It is throwed at line 135 in wxWidgets\src\common\textfile.cpp.
>
> After line 129: const wxString str(buf, conv, bufPos); is executed,
> the variable str is empty.

What encoding is your file in? Can you send me a copy to test with please?

Thanks, Dave

Re: bug report about tips

От
Quan Zongliang
Дата:
Encoding is zh_CN.

--
权 宗亮(Quan Zongliang)
quanzongliang@gmail.com,quanzongliang@hotmail.com

Вложения

Re: bug report about tips

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Quan Zongliang wrote:
> Encoding is zh_CN.

Thats a language, not an encoding. The encoding might be UTF-8, Ascii,
EUC_CN etc.

Regards, Dave

Re: bug report about tips

От
Quan Zongliang
Дата:
Now it  is GB2312

How to convert it?

--
权 宗亮(Quan Zongliang)
quanzongliang@gmail.com,quanzongliang@hotmail.com

Re: bug report about tips

От
"Dave Page"

I believe the iconv utility should do it. Try utf-8 - that should work. If not, I'll investigate further.

Regards, Dave

Re: bug report about tips

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Quan Zongliang wrote:
> Thanks, It's OK.

Great :-)

> Now, in tips.txt:
>     The answer to the question of Life, the Universe and Everything is 42.
> This statement is too difficult to translate it.
> What's meaning ?
> Help me, please.

:-) It's a joke entry - leave it out if it doesn't make sense in Chinese.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Answer_to_Life,_the_Universe,_and_Everything

Regards, Dave