Обсуждение: execute sql script w/o stopping after error?

execute sql script w/o stopping after error?

От
"Carl R. Brune"
Дата:
Does pgadmin3 offer a way to execute sql scripts without
stopping if an error is encountered? I've got a script
which starts by dropping table (which may or may not exist)
and then rebuilds it. If I execute the script with psql
(using \i) script execution continues after errors. However
if I try to do this with the query tool of pgadmin3 it stops
after the drop table statement (if the table doesn't exist).

Thanks,

Carl B.

Re: execute sql script w/o stopping after error?

От
"Dave Page"

No, at present it doesn't. You can select only specific portions of your
script to run by selecting the text, and then clicking the run button
though.

Regards, Dave.

Re: execute sql script w/o stopping after error?

От
"Carl R. Brune"
Дата:
Thanks, Dave, for the helpful reply.

I have a feeling I sent my question to the wrong list --
sorry if that's the case. According to

http://www.pgadmin.org/support/list.php

"The pgadmin-support mailing list is intended for end user support
and bug reports. To subscribe to the mailing list, send an email
to pgadmin-hackers-request@postgresql.org with the word 'subscribe',
without quotes, as the body of message."

Looks wrong, or at least misleading.

Anway, thanks again and regards,

Carl B.

> [...]

Oops, sorry - web page fixed in SVN now.

Thanks, Dave