Обсуждение: No WX_2_6_BRANCH?

No WX_2_6_BRANCH?

От
"Florian G. Pflug"
Дата:
Hi

Does anyone more familiar with wx development know
if there will be a WX_2_6_BRANCH? I'd like to use
the latest 2.6 version of wx for the nightly builds,
but it the moment there is only a WX_2_6_0 tag, which
I believe won't incorporate further changes to
2.6

Since there is a WX_2_2_BRANCH and a WX_2_4_BRANCH,
I guess that there would be a WX_2_6_BRANCH as soon
as 2.6 is released - but it hasn't appeared.

greetings, Florian Pflug

Вложения

Re: No WX_2_6_BRANCH?

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Florian G. Pflug wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anyone more familiar with wx development know
> if there will be a WX_2_6_BRANCH?

There's been a lengthy discussion about when and how to branch, I got
tired after some 20 msgs.

I'd like to use
> the latest 2.6 version of wx for the nightly builds,

Hm, we usually use a very exact version for snapshots, in this case it
would be 2.6.0 release. For development it's ok to use cvs head, but not
for daily builds.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: No WX_2_6_BRANCH?

От
"Dave Page"

Speaking on which, I'm finding that 2.6 will not compile on Slackware 9
or 10 with --enable-mimetype=no. Is this still required (I can't see any
mention of it in the 2.6 README).

Regards, Dave

Re: No WX_2_6_BRANCH?

От
"Florian G. Pflug"
Дата:
Andreas Pflug wrote:
>> Does anyone more familiar with wx development know
>> if there will be a WX_2_6_BRANCH?
>
> There's been a lengthy discussion about when and how to branch, I got
> tired after some 20 msgs.
>
>> I'd like to use
>> the latest 2.6 version of wx for the nightly builds,
>
> Hm, we usually use a very exact version for snapshots, in this case it
> would be 2.6.0 release. For development it's ok to use cvs head, but not
> for daily builds.
Ok - I'll switch the nighty builds to use 2.6.0 then.

greetings, Florian Pflug

Вложения

Re: No WX_2_6_BRANCH?

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

>Speaking on which, I'm finding that 2.6 will not compile on Slackware 9
>or 10 with --enable-mimetype=no. Is this still required (I can't see any
>mention of it in the 2.6 README).

Strictly speaking, it shouldn't matter at all. We don't use mime
directly, but xrc will do so indirectly. reading the mime config files
takes quite a while, and used to throw asserts. So the advice would be
to use --disable-mimetype if possible.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: No WX_2_6_BRANCH?

От
"Dave Page"

Nope, doesn't seem to be. I get the same errors on developer.pgadmin.org
(slack9.1) and on my workstation (slack10.0) :-(

Anyone tried on any other distros yet?

Regards, Dave

Re: No WX_2_6_BRANCH?

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

>Nope, doesn't seem to be. I get the same errors on developer.pgadmin.org
>(slack9.1) and on my workstation (slack10.0) :-(

This is worth a bug report to wx, maybe with some failure details.... :-)
The 2.6 release was pushed out in a hurry, maybe Julian caught some M$
virus (sw matures on client machines). A 2.6.1 release seems due quite soon.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: No WX_2_6_BRANCH?

От
"Dave Page"

Yeah, I'll recreate it tomorrow and report to wx-dev.

/D

Re: No WX_2_6_BRANCH?

От
Massimo Fidanza
Дата:
Dave Page ha scritto:

> [...]
Hi, Under Gentoo 2005.0 wxGTK_2.6.0 refuse to build with
--enable-mimetype=no. So I compile it with --enable-mimetype=yes
and then rebuild pgadmin3 without problem.

Re: No WX_2_6_BRANCH?

От
"Dave Page"

Thanks Massimo - I'll incllude that in my bug report.

Regards, Dave