Обсуждение: Beta 1 rolled

Beta 1 rolled

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
OK, beta 1 is rolled and released (at last), and available at
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/pgadmin3/beta/

I won't announce this one too loudly because of the known issue with
quoting, however, it would still be useful if packagers could produce
their builds if only to check the build environments still work.

Cheers, Dave.

Re: Beta 1 rolled

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:
> OK, beta 1 is rolled and released (at last), and available at
> ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/pgadmin3/beta/
>
> I won't announce this one too loudly because of the known issue with
> quoting, however, it would still be useful if packagers could produce
> their builds if only to check the build environments still work.

Well, if it's out we should announce it! This is a well-known bug, we
can document it in BUGS.txt (hoping people read it before shouting...),
but since this is out with pgsql-Beta2 we can't suppress it.

Let Beta-1 be public, and in a week or two we prepare a Beta-2.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Beta 1 rolled

От
blacknoz@club-internet.fr
>> OK, beta 1 is rolled and released (at last), and available at
>> ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/pgadmin3/beta/
>>
>> I won't announce this one too loudly because of the known issue with
>> quoting, however, it would still be useful if packagers could produce
>> their builds if only to check the build environments still work.
>
>Well, if it's out we should announce it! This is a well-known bug, we
>can document it in BUGS.txt (hoping people read it before shouting...),
>but since this is out with pgsql-Beta2 we can't suppress it.
>
>Let Beta-1 be public, and in a week or two we prepare a Beta-2.

Yup! Fully agree. Let's go for an announce. This will for sure give us a bunch of new tests... Let's give us a chance
tocorrect possible new bug reports to get an even better beta2 :)

Regards,
Raphaël

Re: Beta 1 rolled

От
"Dave Page"

OK, do you fancy doing the announce Raphaël?

Regards, Dave

Re: Beta 1 rolled

От
blacknoz@club-internet.fr
>> Yup! Fully agree. Let's go for an announce. This will for
>> sure give us a bunch of new tests... Let's give us a chance
>> to correct possible new bug reports to get an even better beta2 :)
>
>OK, do you fancy doing the announce Raphaël?

"fancy"...now you propose, it just sounds exactly like "fun" sounds to you last night or the night before if you see
whatI mean ;)
BTW, that would be an honor :)

I'll think about the text and submit it to you for corrections until tonight.
What do you think of adding a specific note  directly in the announce concerning this bug we don't like ?

Cheers,
Raphaël

Re: Beta 1 rolled

От
"Dave Page"

:-)

> I'll think about the text and submit it to you for
> corrections until tonight.

OK, thanks.

> What do you think of adding a specific note  directly in the
> announce concerning this bug we don't like ?

OK - just a quick 'we know about this one already'!

Cheers, Dave

Re: Beta 1 rolled

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

A first snippet:

The pgAdmin Development Team proudly announces the first Beta version of
pgAdmin III V1.2, the well-known GUI administration tool for the
PostgreSQL database system.

Many enhancements have been integrated into pgAdmin III, including:
- extended server status display, showing lock status and log files
- Grant wizard for easy application of privileges to multiple objects
- control of local server processes
- database backup and restore
- export query output to local files
- greatly enhanced font handling
- full support of PostgreSQL 8.0 objects and SQL syntax

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Beta 1 rolled

От
"Diego A. Gil"
Дата:
Hi,

Just to inform that

ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/pgadmin3/beta/src/pgadmin3-1.2.0-beta1.tar.gz

compiled OK in my Fedora Core 2 notebook, but it seems to still have the
"quoted" bug.

Diego.

El vie, 10-09-2004 a las 11:19, Dave Page escribió:
> OK, beta 1 is rolled and released (at last), and available at
> ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/pgadmin3/beta/
>
> I won't announce this one too loudly because of the known issue with
> quoting, however, it would still be useful if packagers could produce
> their builds if only to check the build environments still work.
>
> Cheers, Dave.

Re: Beta 1 rolled

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Diego A. Gil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just to inform that
>
> ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/pgadmin3/beta/src/pgadmin3-1.2.0-beta1.tar.gz
>
> compiled OK in my Fedora Core 2 notebook, but it seems to still have the
> "quoted" bug.

o'course, beta1 is beta1. you'd need the post-beta-1 misc.cpp to fix it.

Regards,
Andreas