Обсуждение: Ready for beta 1

Ready for beta 1

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Is there anything outstanding that should be addressed before we release
beta 1? If not, I hope to do so sometime this week (if I can remember
how!).

Regards, Dave

Re: Ready for beta 1

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:
> Is there anything outstanding that should be addressed before we release
> beta 1? If not, I hope to do so sometime this week (if I can remember
> how!).

I'm currently checking wx. Ron applied the last outstanding patch on the
weekend, and is waiting for feedback if there's anything left. wx CVS
went down yesterday in the wrong moment, so I'm not done yet.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Ready for beta 1

От
"Dave Page"

Last patch, as in, we can start using cvs tip from now on?

/D

Re: Ready for beta 1

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

> Last patch, as in, we can start using cvs tip from now on?

I hope so!

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Ready for beta 1

От
Miha Radej
Дата:
umm, i don't really know how this process goes and if this has anything
to do with it, but if so, could you please wait a day or two so i try to
translate as much as i can of these new strings and send in the .po file?

thanks,

Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>

>> Last patch, as in, we can start using cvs tip from now on?
>

> I hope so!
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

Beta1 and translations

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Miha Radej wrote:
> umm, i don't really know how this process goes and if this has anything
> to do with it, but if so, could you please wait a day or two so i try to
> translate as much as i can of these new strings and send in the .po file?

Translation can be regarded somewhat independent from our beta rollout.
We'll certainly try to put as many translations into it as possible, but
to keep things running we'll push beta regardless of translation status.

Please note that I updated the *pot catalog file yesterday, this doesn't
reflect correctly (again... :-( on the translation status website.
Currently, we have 1012 strings.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Ready for beta 1

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

> Last patch, as in, we can start using cvs tip from now on?

Today's wx CVS is fine for MSW and GTK. OSX testing should use that too.

Before rolling Beta1, we should have a last look at the doc and the FAQ
to minimize duplicate questions.

And then let's go for it!

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Ready for beta 1

От
"Dave Page"

Hi,

It'll be a day or two until I get to it I expect, but I wouldn't worry
/too/ much about missing beta 1 if you cannot quite finish. Beta 2 would
certainly be a much more important target though.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Ready for beta 1

От
"Dave Page"

<big> :-) </big>

> Before rolling Beta1, we should have a last look at the doc
> and the FAQ to minimize duplicate questions.

Yup - hopefully I'll get a chance to redo the images as well.

> And then let's go for it!

:-). I'm hoping to ship beta 1 with the PostgreSQL/Win32 beta 2
installer btw...

Regards, Dave.

Re: Ready for beta 1

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

> Yup - hopefully I'll get a chance to redo the images as well.

I took new png snapshots some weeks ago, just review them and tell me
what's wrong/missing.

> :-). I'm hoping to ship beta 1 with the PostgreSQL/Win32 beta 2
> installer btw...

:-))))

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Ready for beta 1

От
blacknoz@club-internet.fr

>> > Last patch, as in, we can start using cvs tip from now on?
>>
>> Today's wx CVS is fine for MSW and GTK. OSX testing should
>> use that too.
>
><big> :-) </big>

mmmh. I'll try this one then.

Dave, concerning beta 1, we still have big problem with latest debian packages. The 'f' key is not working while in sql
querywindow... :( (see martin's report on pgadmin-support concerning this).

I don't know where to begin the lookup concerning this bug...
Any idea ? Did someone try latest pgadmin3 snapshot on another linux distro please ?

Regards,
Raphaël

Re: Ready for beta 1

От
"Dave Page"

The last I saw on this from him (in response to you) was:

=================
> > Can you give a try to the packages uploaded yesterday evening ?

> at first glance, it works great. I'll keep using it from my everyday
job and I'll tell you if I find something intresting
=================

> I don't know where to begin the lookup concerning this bug...
> Any idea ? Did someone try latest pgadmin3 snapshot on
> another linux distro please ?

Hmm, don't actually have one right now...

/D

Re: Ready for beta 1

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
blacknoz@club-internet.fr wrote:

ll have big problem with latest debian packages. The 'f' key is not
working while in sql query window... :( (see martin's report on
pgadmin-support concerning this).

> I don't know where to begin the lookup concerning this bug...
> Any idea ? Did someone try latest pgadmin3 snapshot on another linux distro please ?

I'm compiling on Debian from current CVS, no problem.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Ready for beta 1

От
Raphaël Enrici
Дата:
Andreas Pflug wrote:
> blacknoz@club-internet.fr wrote:
>

> ll have big problem with latest debian packages. The 'f' key is not
> working while in sql query window... :( (see martin's report on
> pgadmin-support concerning this).
>

>> I don't know where to begin the lookup concerning this bug...
>> Any idea ? Did someone try latest pgadmin3 snapshot on another linux
>> distro please ?
>

> I'm compiling on Debian from current CVS, no problem.

Do you mean, you've already built it and you don't have any problem or
you are about to build it ?
In both cases, can you try the latest packages on developer.pgadmin.org
and tell me if you can reproduce the bug ?
(http://developer.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/debian/dists/unstable/pgadmin/binary-i386/)

I've just tried a 20040817 pgadmin3 snapshot and have exactly the same
problem... (the one in
http://developer.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/debian/dists/testing/pgadmin/binary-i386/)

You don't need to go in the sql query... Just typing "f" in the schema
browser does not work properly.

1.0.2-6 from debian unstable works ok.

Regards,
Raphaël

Re: Beta1 and translations

От
Miha Radej
Дата:
umm, i have a little experience with php. is it possible for you to send
me the php script which displays the status as well as some sample files
so maybe i can try setting it up on my local server and look around for
an error? if i don't find it, i'll just learn something new. if perhaps
i do, well :) so much better :)

lp,

Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Please note that I updated the *pot catalog file yesterday, this doesn't
> reflect correctly (again... :-( on the translation status website.
> Currently, we have 1012 strings.

Re: Ready for beta 1

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Raphaël Enrici wrote:
> Andreas Pflug wrote:
>
>> blacknoz@club-internet.fr wrote:
>>

>> ll have big problem with latest debian packages. The 'f' key is not
>> working while in sql query window... :( (see martin's report on
>> pgadmin-support concerning this).
>>

>>> I don't know where to begin the lookup concerning this bug...
>>> Any idea ? Did someone try latest pgadmin3 snapshot on another linux
>>> distro please ?
>>

>> I'm compiling on Debian from current CVS, no problem.
>

> Do you mean, you've already built it and you don't have any problem or
> you are about to build it ?

In order to check wx status, I did rebuild it completely. No f problem.
Didn't try any debian package.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Ready for beta 1

От
blacknoz@club-internet.fr

>> Do you mean, you've already built it and you don't have any problem or
>> you are about to build it ?
>
>In order to check wx status, I did rebuild it completely. No f problem.
>Didn't try any debian package.

Ok, which compiler version ? which gtk lib versions ?
Current debian unstable or not ?
Can you send all the configure lines you gave ?
Which wx snapshot release ?

Cheers,
Raphaël

Re: Ready for beta 1

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
blacknoz@club-internet.fr wrote:

> Ok, which compiler version ? which gtk lib versions ?
> Current debian unstable or not ?
> Can you send all the configure lines you gave ?
> Which wx snapshot release ?

gcc 3.3.4-3
gtk 2.4.3-3
libc6 2.3.2.ds1-13
libpango 1.4.0-4
wx cvs HEAD
--with-gtk --enable-gtk2 --enable-debug --enable-debug_gdb
--enable-unicode=yes --enable-monolithic --enable-no-exceptions
--disable-exceptions

> Cheers,
> Raphaël

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Re: Ready for beta 1

От
blacknoz@club-internet.fr
Дата:
>> Ok, which compiler version ? which gtk lib versions ?
>> Current debian unstable or not ?
>> Can you send all the configure lines you gave ?
>> Which wx snapshot release ?
>
>gcc 3.3.4-3
>gtk 2.4.3-3
>libc6 2.3.2.ds1-13
>libpango 1.4.0-4
>wx cvs HEAD
>--with-gtk --enable-gtk2 --enable-debug --enable-debug_gdb
>--enable-unicode=yes --enable-monolithic --enable-no-exceptions
>--disable-exceptions

Ok, so it seems wx head can be built with gcc 3.3.x which was not the case of our wx snapshot (at least I did not
succeed).
I must recheck, but I think I'm using gtk 2.4.9.

Would you advice we all move to wx cvs head ?
I'd prefer we take a snapshot known to work as is don't you ?

@martin: I'll try to provide something until the end of the week. I may ask you for further testing.

Regards,
Raphaël

Re: Ready for beta 1

От
"Dave Page"

I'm just in the process of packaging a new 'supported' snapshot. It's
basically the 7/9/04 snap, with the windows default settings changes,
and crlf's in the VC++ project files fixed.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Ready for beta 1

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
blacknoz@club-internet.fr wrote:

In general, every snapshort starting 2004-09-06 should work, the usual
"temporarily broken" restrictions apply. For consistency reasons, we
should grab a snapshot.

Any work on OSX might require us to use a later snapshot. Let's see what
tests say.

Regards,
Andreas