Обсуждение: os x port

os x port

От
nwingfield@che-llp.com
Дата:
Could you please explain what help is needed to complete a port of pgAdmin
3 to OS X?  I would like to see the software available on the Mac platform
and would also like to learn some OS X programming skills.  Currently I
devote a good deal of time to Zope/Python, but I don't really know how
those skills could transfer to this project.  Thanks.  Nathaniel

Re: os x port

От
Adam H.Pendleton
Дата:
On Friday, Dec 12, 2003, at 15:54 US/Eastern, nwingfield@che-llp.com
wrote:

> Could you please explain what help is needed to complete a port of
> pgAdmin
> 3 to OS X?  I would like to see the software available on the Mac
> platform
> and would also like to learn some OS X programming skills.  Currently I
> devote a good deal of time to Zope/Python, but I don't really know how
> those skills could transfer to this project.  Thanks.  Nathaniel

1. pgAdmin3 will only run on Mac OS X Panter (10.3) and above.
Previous versions are not currently supported.
2. Get the wxWindows snapshot from developer.pgadmin.org.
3.  Compile with ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/wx2 --with-mac
--enable-unicode
4. make
5. make install
6. cd contrib/src/stc
7. make install
8. cd ../xrc
9. make install
10. Get the pgAdmin3 source
11. ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgadmin3
12. make
13. make install

Report any errors.  BTW, I don't have a copy of Mac OS X Panther, so I
don't know if these steps will work or not.  Please report any problems
you have and I will try to help as best I can.

ahp

Вложения

building wxPython on OS X

От
nwingfield@che-llp.com
Дата:
I am running a week-old clean install of Panther (10.3.1).
When making wxPython, I get the following error:

. . .
_wxGetUserId__Fv
_wxGetenv__FPCw
_wxLogError__FPCwe
_wxLogWarning__FPCwe
_wxMacAddEvent
_wxMacGetNotifierTable
_wxMacProcessNotifierEvents
_wxMacRemoveAllNotifiersForData
_wxRemoveFile__FRC8wxString
_wxSscanf__FPCwn1e
_wxStricmp__FPCwn1
_wxYield__Fv
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make: *** [lib/libwx_base_carbonu_net-2.5.1.0.0.dylib] Error 1

The file referenced (lib/libwx_base_carbonu_net-2.5.1.0.0.dylib) doesn't
seem to exist.
I'll play with this some more and see if I can't get it to compile.  If
anyone has a quick solution, let me know.

Re: building wxPython on OS X

От
Adam H.Pendleton
Дата:
On Saturday, Dec 13, 2003, at 11:14 US/Eastern, nwingfield@che-llp.com
wrote:

> I am running a week-old clean install of Panther (10.3.1).
> When making wxPython, I get the following error:
>
> . . .
> _wxGetUserId__Fv
> _wxGetenv__FPCw
> _wxLogError__FPCwe
> _wxLogWarning__FPCwe
> _wxMacAddEvent
> _wxMacGetNotifierTable
> _wxMacProcessNotifierEvents
> _wxMacRemoveAllNotifiersForData
> _wxRemoveFile__FRC8wxString
> _wxSscanf__FPCwn1e
> _wxStricmp__FPCwn1
> _wxYield__Fv
> /usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
> make: *** [lib/libwx_base_carbonu_net-2.5.1.0.0.dylib] Error 1
>
> The file referenced (lib/libwx_base_carbonu_net-2.5.1.0.0.dylib)
> doesn't
> seem to exist.
> I'll play with this some more and see if I can't get it to compile.  If
> anyone has a quick solution, let me know.

This would be more appropriately posted to the wxWindows
(http://www.wxwindows.org) mailing lists.  I wish I could help you, but
I don't have a clue what that error means.

ahp

Вложения

Query execution order

От
Miha Radej
Дата:
Hi!

I've been playing a bit with my frinends' tables and I wanted to remove an
existing unique constraint and add a primary key with the same name.
However, instead of first removing an existing constraint and then adding a
new one, I added the primary key and then deleted the unique constraint.
When I hit OK I got a pgsql error, telling me that a relation with that
name already exists.

The SQL tag had these queries:
ALTER TABLE uporabniki ADD CONSTRAINT uporabniki_primary_key_key PRIMARY
KEY (primary_key);
ALTER TABLE uporabniki DROP CONSTRAINT uporabniki_primary_key_key;

Is it possible for pgAdmin to reorder the queries so that the drop queries
are first and all the rest follow? Or if it could at least check for
existing constraint names?

Thanks and best regards,
Miha

Re: Query execution order

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Miha Radej wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've been playing a bit with my frinends' tables and I wanted to
> remove an existing unique constraint and add a primary key with the
> same name.
> However, instead of first removing an existing constraint and then
> adding a new one, I added the primary key and then deleted the unique
> constraint. When I hit OK I got a pgsql error, telling me that a
> relation with that name already exists.
>
> The SQL tag had these queries:
> ALTER TABLE uporabniki ADD CONSTRAINT uporabniki_primary_key_key
> PRIMARY KEY (primary_key);
> ALTER TABLE uporabniki DROP CONSTRAINT uporabniki_primary_key_key;
>
> Is it possible for pgAdmin to reorder the queries so that the drop
> queries are first and all the rest follow? Or if it could at least
> check for existing constraint names?

Miha,

you'll probably always be able to construct use cases where pgadmin3's
sql generation lacks support of some weird situations. In your case,
simply split your action into two actions, or copy the table wizard's
sql output into the sql query window, reorder the statements and hit F5.

Regards,
Andreas