Обсуждение: Microsoft installer

Microsoft installer

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Hi Dave,

right before the first pgadmin3 release, we were discussing about how to
distribute the win32 version. You stated it should be a MSI package, and
claimed to do that. Apparently, you don't find the time, and I don't
have the tools to do it.

I've been creating a NSIS project (nsis.sourceforge.net), using the
current NSIS 2.0B4.

IMHO instead of having an ugly zip file, we should use NSIS as long
there's no better solution available. Checked in for cvs head, but works
with 1.0.2 trunk too.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Microsoft installer

От
"Dave Page"

Huh? It is an MSI file. What did you think I've been distributing?

The project file is in pkg/win32.

Regards Dave.

Re: Microsoft installer

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

>Huh? It is an MSI file. What did you think I've been distributing?
>
>The project file is in pkg/win32.

I can see it in cvs, but there are only *.zip files under release/win32!

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Microsoft installer

От
"Dave Page"

Have you looked in one? I realise that msi files are designed for web
download anyway, but their compression is not the greatest around and
I've never heard of anyone pointing msiexec at a web site except inside
a corporate network.

Regards, Dave

Re: Microsoft installer

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

>Have you looked in one?

ok...

> I realise that msi files are designed for web
>download anyway, but their compression is not the greatest around and
>I've never heard of anyone pointing msiexec at a web site except inside
>a corporate network.

Is the extra 10 % compression worth the confusion? IMHO the installer
should be self-extracting/running or the plain MSI file.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Microsoft installer

От