Обсуждение: Cannot Add user

Cannot Add user

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Dear friends,

I am using the latest pgAdmin3 snapshot with PostgreSQL 7.4 beta 5 under
Debian. Maybe this is not a recommanded configuration as pgAdmin3 was
compiled against an old libpq and on my station libpq3 is installed.

I cannot create a new user. The application crashes (reproducable). There is
no special log. Can anyone reproduce the problem?

Best regards,
Jean-Michel

Re: Cannot Add user

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>Dear friends,
>
>I am using the latest pgAdmin3 snapshot with PostgreSQL 7.4 beta 5 under
>Debian. Maybe this is not a recommanded configuration as pgAdmin3 was
>compiled against an old libpq and on my station libpq3 is installed.

Should work anyway.

>I cannot create a new user. The application crashes (reproducable). There is
>no special log. Can anyone reproduce the problem?

No, not me. No core dump?

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Cannot Add user

От
blacknoz@club-internet.fr
Дата:
Jean-Michel,

could you try the following :
- try another version of pga3
you can specify the snapshot version while installing with something like
apt-get install pgadmin3 (=version_number)
- try to rebuild the package on your host so that we can confirm we are not faced to an incompatibility with the
versionI used when I built the scan. Note that If you don't want to bother rebuilding all packages you can try the "one
shot"package available here
deb-src http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/debian experimental/official pgadmin
Then
$ apt-get source pgadmin3
$ cd pgadmin3-1.1.0
$ dpkg-buildpackage -b -us -uc -rfakeroot
This is based on 20031026 pga3 snap and wx 20031010-5

I will update my unstable build environment tonight.

regards,
Raphaël

>I am using the latest pgAdmin3 snapshot with PostgreSQL 7.4 beta 5 under
>Debian. Maybe this is not a recommanded configuration as pgAdmin3 was
>compiled against an old libpq and on my station libpq3 is installed.
>
>I cannot create a new user. The application crashes (reproducable). There is
>no special log. Can anyone reproduce the problem?
>
>Best regards,
>Jean-Michel

Re: Cannot Add user

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Mardi 28 Octobre 2003 16:21, blacknoz@club-internet.fr a écrit :
> Note that If you don't want to bother rebuilding all packages you can try
> the "one shot" package available here deb-src
> http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/linux/debian experimental/official pgadmin

Dear Raphaël,
I did not know there was an experimental reposirory for pgAdmin... Trying...
Jean-Michel

Re: Cannot Add user

От
blacknoz@club-internet.fr
Дата:
Hi Jean-Michel,

Just for information, the experimental repository contains the wx snapshots that I use for daily pgadmin3 builds (this
isdocumented).
The repository I indicated in my previous mail contains the future offical package that will build independtly from an
externalwx (this is really new and not documented).

regards,
Raphaël