Обсуждение: Which RPMs should we use: ours or wxWindows ones...

Which RPMs should we use: ours or wxWindows ones...

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Jeudi 25 Septembre 2003 15:23, Adam H. Pendleton a écrit :
> I get the following error when installing the wxGTK2ud-2.5-20030831 RPM:
> /sbin/ldconfig: relative path `1' used to build cache
> error: %post(wxGTK2ud-2.5-20030831) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
> I should point out that running ldconfig after installing this RPM
> doesn't actually do anything, since the only libraries that are
> installed are static libraries, and ldconfig is only used to update
> linker cache data for shared libraries.

Dear Adam and friends,

My wxGTK2ud RPMs are getting quite old compared to wxWindows new ones. I am
currently rebuilding the new RPMs from wxWindows CVS.

You can rebuild them following these steps:

1) Checkout wxWindows from CVS.
2) Run this script
echo "Removing old build directory"
rm -fr build
cd wxWindows
echo "Updating from CVS"
cvs update -C -P -d
cd ..
echo "Creating a new build directory"
cp -rf wxWindows build
cd build

echo "Make distros"

./configure --disable-gui --no-recursion
cd locale
make allmo
cd ..
make -j1 dist bzip-dist-only
make clean
rm -fr _dist_dir

./configure --enable-gui --no-recursion
cd locale
make allmo
cd ..
make -j1 dist bzip-dist-only
make clean
rm -fr _dist_dir

mv -f *.tar.bz2 /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES

echo "Building wxBase"
rpmbuild -ba --with unicode wxBase.spec
rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/i386/wxBase*

echo "Building wxGTK"
rpmbuild -ba --with unicode --with gtk2 wxGTK.spec

Based on the result, it may be interesting to provide these RPMs for pgAdmin3
stable release. Which RPMs should we use: ours or wxWindows ones?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: Which RPMs should we use: ours or wxWindows ones...

От
"Dave Page"

Note to porters: Please DO NOT do this on any boxes used for building
binary pgAdmin releases.

pgAdmin 1.0.0 is scheduled for release on Friday and should be built
against the latest version of wxWindows on Snake, NOT fresh CVS code.

Regards, Dave

Re: Which RPMs should we use: ours or wxWindows ones...

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]
I'm checking wx CVS too, and it's mostly ok *except* for that clipboard
fix/non-fix, so for release we should stick to our version. There's no
reason for us to take another one at the moment, because no new features
are used.

After that, we might update our snapshot.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Which RPMs should we use: ours or wxWindows ones...

От
"Dave Page"

Absolutely. The day before release is no time to upgrade to a version
that's had only a few hours testing by 1 or 2 of us.

:-)

Regards, Dave.

Dave Page wrote:

> [...]
But it gives a good thrill.... ;-)

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Which RPMs should we use: ours or wxWindows ones...

От
"Dave Page"

I can think of better ones....

:-)