Обсуждение: pgAdmin3 maturing...

pgAdmin3 maturing...

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Status of property/create dialogs:

Database - done
User - done
Table - done, updates to fix
Index - done
Constraints (PK, FK, UNIQUE, CHECK) - done

to do next:
- Schema
- Function
- Trigger
- Rule
- View
- Sequence
- Type
- Domain

Maybe next week I can code the majority of that.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: pgAdmin3 maturing...

От
"Dave Page"

Excellent work Andreas, thanks. You're putting my feeble efforts over
the last few months well and truly to shame!!

Seriously, your efforts are appreciated by myself and many other people
I'm sure. Without them, pgAdmin III would certainly be nowhere near as
complete as it is, particularly given my other commitments at present.

Regards, Dave.

Re: pgAdmin3 maturing...

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
I've been pretty lazy this week...

solved:
- menu and context menu
- autoconf creates debuggable binary

Status of property/create dialogs:
Database - done
User - done
Table - done
Index - done
Constraints (PK, FK, UNIQUE, CHECK) - done
Column - done
Schema - done
Function - done
Trigger - done
Sequence - done
Domain - done

to do next:
- Type
- Rule
- View

to do then:
- Aggregate
- Conversion
- Cast
- Operator
- Operator Class

Maybe next week I can code the majority of that. Didn't I say something
like that before? :-)
Hopefully we can go beta together with pgsql 7.4, which would be July 1st.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: pgAdmin3 maturing...

От
"Dave Page"

Still good progress I think. I've not done huge amounts (again :-( ) but
have made a number of odd tweaks here and there, plus have been trying
to help out Adam with the Mac OS-X (most of my emails I now notice
didn't go to the list - sorry).

Anyway, good work Andreas (and Adam) - give yourselves a pat on the
back!

Regards, Dave.

Re: pgAdmin3 maturing...

От
"Dave Page"

Yup. Checkout the attachment. As you can see, that's 9 seconds into the
data transfer of 124,310 rows. In total it took 33019 + 86718mS, but I
only saw 20 rows until it finished, and no scrollbar. I cannot select or
navigate those 20 rows and a resize whilst it was loading made all the
data vanish.

> >There are 10s of thousands of pgAdmin users worldwide
> >
> Unfortunately they don't use pgadmin3 at the moment. Every
> time I touch
> the system I find problems: wrong property values, wrong sql
> queries...
> we need feedback from beta users that stress the app.

Which we will get in abundance once we release an alpha version (and
getting trickles of now - I applied 3 fixes already today), for which I
think we are about there - particularly if we can sort the last 2 (3?)
dialogues first. Then it's just the build issues, Query Tool/Query
Builder selection and common use of ctlSQLResults, and Jean-Michel's
gettext work before beta.

Knowing there are bugs yet to be found, doesn't stop any of us working
on other enhancements in the meantime, no matter what release we get
them ready for.

What does (should) stop that sort of work is known bugs, and I for one
drop everything to fix issues where I can, though that's not always easy
when it's not your own code as I'm sure you know.

Regards, Dave.

Вложения