Обсуждение: Introduction

Introduction

От
"Andy Kelk"
Дата:
Hello all,

I thought I should introduce myself as having just subscribed and being
interested in the topic.

About me:
I'm working on both Linux and Win2K Systems. Our production systems have
just moved from being on SQL Server 2000 to PostgreSQL. Being very used
to being a DBA on SQL Server 2000, I am now adjusting my thinking to
work with Postgres. Thus, when I found pgAdmin I was delighted. I have
found it to be very useful and an invaluable tool. So thank you for
that.

I've done some vb in my time and have already downloaded the tarball for
pgAdmin 2 and made a couple of changes locally to my copy just to
reflect a few gui things that I am used to in SQL Server Query Analyser.

I don't know if anyone else would want them but the couple of things I
did were:

- Allowing just a section of the SQL Query window to be executed. E.g.
if you have two select statements in the same window, you can drag a
selection over just one of them and hit execute and just the selected
text is executed instead of all of it.

- Using F5 as a keyboard shortcut for "execute".

These are rather minor changes (about 10 changed lines in total) so if
anyone else would like to use them I will forward them on.

Anyway. Hello.

Re: Introduction

От
"Dave Page"

Hello, welcome to the list.

> About me:
> I'm working on both Linux and Win2K Systems. Our production
> systems have just moved from being on SQL Server 2000 to
> PostgreSQL. Being very used to being a DBA on SQL Server
> 2000, I am now adjusting my thinking to work with Postgres.
> Thus, when I found pgAdmin I was delighted. I have found it
> to be very useful and an invaluable tool. So thank you for that.

No problem, glad you like it.

> These are rather minor changes (about 10 changed lines in
> total) so if anyone else would like to use them I will
> forward them on.

Enhancements are always welcome as long as they fit in with the general
scheme of things. Please feel free to send a patch.

If you need any help with further tweaks, please feel free to email the
list.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Introduction

От