Обсуждение: fake vs real CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW

fake vs real CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Dear Dave,

+ create "view_a" querying "view_b",
+ alter "view_b",
= "view_a "is broken because "view_b" changed OIDs.

This to say we really need CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW in PostgreSQL. Do you
remember the email of the developper who proposed to add this feature to
PostgreSQL? Could you contact him off the list to ask if this is still on his
agenda?

Regards,
Jean-Michel

Re: fake vs real CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW

От
Dave Page

Yes. I thought I suggested adding a warning to that effect at one time.

> This to say we really need CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW in
> PostgreSQL. Do you
> remember the email of the developper who proposed to add this
> feature to
> PostgreSQL? Could you contact him off the list to ask if this
> is still on his
> agenda?

It was Gavin Sherry I think, but I'm not going to hassle him about it, he
specifically said he wasn't going to do it immediately.

How's the ALTER VIEW patch coming along btw?

Regards, Dave.

Re: fake vs real CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Mardi 26 Février 2002 09:40, Dave Page a écrit :
> Yes. I thought I suggested adding a warning to that effect at one time.
You are right. We could query using existing views with ILIKE %view_bar% and
issue a warning if some view matches, but this wron't fix the broblem. We
need CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW... CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER is not really
needed...

> How's the ALTER VIEW patch coming along btw?
Do you mean issuing a warning?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: fake vs real CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW

От
Dave Page

No, you were looking at a list of issues I had. I haven't had a chance to
check the code yet - you may have already committed it.

/D