Re: Table Design for Hierarchical Data

От Richard Broersma
Тема Re: Table Design for Hierarchical Data
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Michael Glaesemann <grzm@seespotcode.net> wrote:

> Another is nested sets which performs quite nicely for loads which are more read than write (which I suspect is the
casehere).

Pg 9.0 has two new features are nice for both Nest set trees.
one is deferrable unique constraints.

While 8.4 has CTE's which are good for querying adjacency list tree,
we need to wait for write-able CTE's (maybe 9.1?) to preform all of
the possible tree modifications.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Table Design for Hierarchical Data
Сообщение: Re: Table Design for Hierarchical Data