Re: Question regarding dynamic_library_path

От Thomas Hallgren
Тема Re: Question regarding dynamic_library_path
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Oh, sorry. This HP-UX 11.x. But you can get the same using shl_load (HP-UX
10.x) and pass the flag DYNAMIC_PATH provided the executable is linked with
+s. So it's still no showstopper.

If you do find that it is impossible on some older OS (HP-UX 11 arrived 4
years ago), then why not just disable this feature on that particular
version of the OS and make a note for the user that in order to get it, it's
time to upgrade?

IMO it's not a good policy to prevent new good features just to keep
customers sticking to old stuff from feeling bad not getting them. You need
to assure backward compatibility to keep everyone happy.

Kind regards,

Thomas Hallgren