回复: bug report: some issues about pg_15_stable(8fa4a1ac61189efffb8b851ee77e1bc87360c445)

От zwj
Тема 回复: bug report: some issues about pg_15_stable(8fa4a1ac61189efffb8b851ee77e1bc87360c445)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,hackers

 I may have discovered another issue in the concurrency scenario of merge,  and I am currently not sure if this new issue is related to the previous one.
 It seems that it may also be an issue with the EPQ mechanism in the merge scenario?
 I will provide this test case, hoping it will be helpful for you to fix related issues in the future.

    DROP TABLE IF EXISTS src1, tgt;
    CREATE TABLE src1 (a int, b text);
    CREATE TABLE tgt (a int, b text);
    INSERT INTO src1 SELECT x, 'Src1 '||x FROM generate_series(1, 3) g(x);
    INSERT INTO tgt SELECT x, 'Tgt '||x FROM generate_series(1, 6, 2) g(x);
    insert into src1 values(3,'src1 33');

 If I only execute merge , I will get the following error:
    merge into tgt a using src1 c on  a.a = c.a when matched then update set b = c.b when not matched then insert (a,b) values(c.a,c.b);  -- excute fail
    ERROR:  MERGE command cannot affect row a second time
    HIINT:  Ensure that not more than one source row matches any one target row.

 But when I execute the update and merge concurrently, I will get the following result set.
  --session1
    begin;
    update tgt set b = 'tgt333' where a =3;
  --session2
    merge into tgt a using src1 c on  a.a = c.a when matched then update set b = c.b when not matched then insert (a,b) values(c.a,c.b);  -- excute success
  --session1
    commit;
    select * from tgt;
     a |    b
     5 | Tgt 5
     1 | Src1 1
     2 | Src1 2
     3 | Src1 3
     3 | src1 33
  I think even if the tuple with id:3 is udpated, merge should still be able to retrieve new tuples with id:3,  and report the same error as above?

Regards,
wenjiang zhang