Re: Retrieve the server's time zone

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Retrieve the server's time zone
Дата
Re: Retrieve the server's time zone
Список pgsql-jdbc
Vladimir Sitnikov schrieb am 21.11.2017 um 12:52:
> Could you please clarify what is the case of "receiving server-side time zone"?
>
> For instance: do you need PostgreSQL time zone or OS time zone?

I need a timestamp in the server's time zone. Or at leas the time zone of
the OS. The one that is configured for Postgres on the server would do as
well (in my case that is the server's OS time zone)

E.g.
  select localtimestamp

will return the server's local time converted to the *client's* time zone in JDBC.

In psql however, it does return the timestamp as "seen" by the server.

I could live with getting the server's OS time zone through "show timezone"
because then I could convert current_timestamp back to that time zone.

Thomas

Сообщение: Re: Retrieve the server's time zone
Сообщение: Re: Retrieve the server's time zone