Re: Stale Process

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: Stale Process
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Terence Leung <tcmleung@yahoo.com> writes:

> Dear sir,
> I built Apache, PHP-PostgreSql 7.1 web server in Linux
> Redhat 7.0.
> I always check the process by 'ps -aux' and always
> found the stale postmaster processes:

It's most likely that PHP is keeping the connections open for some
reason.  The 'postgres' processes are in S (sleep) state, which
indicates that their socket is still being held open by the client
end.  So it's probably not a Postgres problem...  I find it entirely
unsurprising that PHP might be buggy.  ;)

-Doug