Re: [SQL] PL/pgsql questions..

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [SQL] PL/pgsql questions..
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Thomas Veith wrote:

> One thing which I think is really important is PL/pgsql.. I carefully read
> the bit of information which is available, but thats not very much..

    Tnx

> I have 2 questions.. first, can you point me to some information about
> this topic which i maybe have missed?

    Maybe you missed the docs in the programmers manual?

> second, take this procedure from an informix database:
>
> [...]
>
> so my question is, does PG/plsql support this, if so how, and if not, is
> it planned to be supported in the near future?

    Functions  in procedural languages (PL/Tcl, PL/pgSQL) inherit
    the  same  restrictions  C   language   functions   have   in
    PostgreSQL.  One  of  them  I  hate  most is that they cannot
    return  set  results.   Thus  "RETURN  ...  AND  RESUME"   is
    currently  not  supported.  It  requires major changes to the
    function manager and executor.

    The time I expect it is not that near in future I would  like
    it.

Jan