Re: Could synchronous streaming replication really degrade the performance of the primary?

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Could synchronous streaming replication really degrade the performance of the primary?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
MauMau, 10.05.2012 13:34:
> Today, they told me that they ran the test on two virtual machines on
> a single physical machine.

Which means that both databases shared the same I/O system (harddisks).
Thererfor it's not really surprising that the overall performance goes down if you increase the I/O load.

A more realistic test (at least in my opinion) would have been to have two separate computers with two separate I/O
systems

Сообщение: Re: Could synchronous streaming replication really degrade the performance of the primary?
Сообщение: Re: Could synchronous streaming replication really degrade the performance of the primary?