Re: PostgreSQL-related topics of theses and seminary works sought (Was: Hash index use presently(?) discouraged...)

От Ivan Voras
Тема Re: PostgreSQL-related topics of theses and seminary works sought (Was: Hash index use presently(?) discouraged...)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 17/09/2011 22:01, Stefan Keller wrote:
> 2011/9/17 Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz> wrote:
> (...)
>> We've been asked by a local university for PostgreSQL-related topics of
>> theses and seminary works
>
> I'm also interested in such proposals or ideas!
>
> Here's some list of topics:
> * Adding WAL-support to hash indexes in PostgreSQL (see ex-topic)
> * Time in PostgreSQL
> * Storing (Weather) Sensor Data in PostgreSQL
> * Fast Bulk Data Inserting in PostgreSQL with Unlogged tables (incl.
> adding GiST support)
> * Performance Tuning of Read-Only a PostgreSQL Database
> * Materialized Views in PostgreSQL: Experiments around Jonathan
> Gardner's Proposal
> * more... ?

 * Covering indexes
 * Controllable record compression
 * Memory tables

От: Vitalii Tymchyshyn
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL-related topics of theses and seminary works sought (Was: Hash index use presently(?) discouraged...)