Re: Inefficient query plan

От Jann Röder
Тема Re: Inefficient query plan
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Am 23.08.10 07:52, schrieb Scott Marlowe:
> Also are a.indexid and b.indexid the same type?

You mean ItemID? Fields of the same name are of the same type - so yes.
According to the documentation pgsql adds indexes for primary keys
automatically so (b.itemID, b.indexNumber) is indexed. Or do you think
adding an extra idnex for b.itemID alone will help? If I understand the
documentation correctly, pqSQL can use the first column of a
multi-column index as if it was indexed individually... but maybe I'm
wrong here.