Re: Parallel CREATE INDEX for BRIN indexes

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Parallel CREATE INDEX for BRIN indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I've pushed the first two parts (backfill of empty ranges for serial
builds, allowing parallelism) after a bit more cleanup, adding a simple
pageinspect test to 0001, improving comments and some minor adjustments.

I ended up removing the protections against BlockNumber overflows, and
moved them into a separate WIP patch. I still think we should probably
reconsider the position that we don't need to worry about issues so
close to the 32TB boundary, but it seemed rather weird to fix only the
new bits and leave the existing issues in place.

I'm attaching that as a WIP patch, but I don't know if/when I'll get
back to this.

Thanks for the reviews/reworks/ideas!

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: remaining sql/json patches
Сообщение: Re: remaining sql/json patches