Re: BUG #18362: unaccent rules and Old Greek text

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: BUG #18362: unaccent rules and Old Greek text
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 14.05.24 16:51, Robert Haas wrote:
> 1. The question of rule file load times seems like something that
> anyone who could compile PostgreSQL with and without a patch applied
> could test in under an hour. They could then report the results that
> they got, and people here could judge whether the resulting numbers
> are totally cool or very sad or something in between. Anyone willing
> to do that?

The rules are only loaded once on first use, right?  I tested with

date; for x in $(seq 1 1000); do psql -X -c "select unaccent('foobar')"
-o /dev/null; done; date

and this had the same runtime (about 8 seconds here) with and without
the patch.

Btw., with the patch I get

WARNING:  duplicate source strings, first one will be used

so it will need to adjustments in how the rules are produced.