Re: BUG #18425: KB5036892 Microsoft Update Package Issue

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: BUG #18425: KB5036892 Microsoft Update Package Issue
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, 2024-04-10 at 10:06 +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> Operating system:   Windows 10
>
> I am Mustafa from Turkiye, last night my computer is updated automatically.
> But KB50336892 number package file is stopped pgsql 11 service. I solved
> this problem form uninstalled this update package but. Windows 10 automatic
> update process will be updated other time. Please check this pgsql service
> and ıf it is required to contact to microsoft

This is the same problem as this one:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/18196-b10f93dfbde3d7db%40postgresql.org

The problem is mostly in the Windows installer.

To fix your system, revert the patch so that you can start PostgreSQL
(you already did that).

Then stop the PostgreSQL service and take a backup of the data directory,
in case you mess up something below.  Start the service again.

Then you have to connect as superuser and manually update "pg_database" to
change the collation and character type to "tr-TR"; something like

  UPDATE pg_database
  SET datcollate = 'tr-TR.1254'
  WHERE datcollate = 'Turkish_Turkey.1254';

  UPDATE pg_database
  SET datctype = 'tr-TR.1254'
  WHERE datctype = 'Turkish_Turkey.1254';

(I don't have Windows - could somebody ascertain that these values are correct?)

Then you'd update "postgresql.conf" with a text editor and likewise change
all occurrences of "Turkish_Turkey.1254" to "tr-TR.1254".

After that, restart your PostgreSQL service and see if everything works as it should.

Then you should be able to apply the Windows patch, and PostgreSQL should be fine.

As I mentioned above, I don't run Windows myself, so try it on a test system before
you do it on the production database.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe