Re: Queries very slow and memory consumption too high

От Saurabh Dave
Тема Re: Queries very slow and memory consumption too high
Дата
Re: Queries very slow and memory consumption too high
Список pgsql-jdbc
>>If your problem is something that develops over time, one thing
>>you could watch out for are resource leaks, most prominently
>>memory leaks.

What is the recommended way to do that? It seems postgres uses shared memory, and we have 15 connections all taking up around 35MB as per task manager OR top. We are not able to figure out definitatively if there is a memory leak.
Help/Clues??? Thanks all for your responses so far.

- Saurabh

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 09:38 +0200, Albe Laurenz wrote:

> Moving to 8.3.7 (what is 8.3.7.1?), on the other hand, is certainly
> a good thing.

Probably a Linux distro packaging thing, or a Windows installer
revision. On my Ubuntu 9.04 box for example, `dpkg -l postgresql-8.3'
reports Pg's version as 8.3.7-1 . The -1 is the Debian package revision,
but people may not know that.

--
Craig Ringer

Сообщение: Re: Queries very slow and memory consumption too high
Сообщение: Re: Queries very slow and memory consumption too high