Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2023-06-20 Tu 09:08, Tom Lane wrote:
On 2023-06-19 Mo 17:07, Tom Lane wrote:
Is koel tracking the right repo?  It just spit up with a bunch of
diffs that seem to have little to do with the commit it's claiming
caused them:
Yeah, I changed it so that instead of just checking new commits it would
check the whole tree. The problem with the incremental approach is that
the next run it might turn green again but the issue would not have been
fixed.
Ah.

I think this is a one-off issue. Once we clean up the tree the problem
would disappear and the commits it shows would be correct. I imaging
that's going to happen any day now?
I can go fix the problems now that we know there are some (already).
However, if what you're saying is that koel only checks recently-changed
files, that's going to be pretty misleading in future too.  If people
don't react to such reports right away, they'll disappear, no?

That's what would have happened if I hadn't changed the way it worked (and that's why I changed it). Now it doesn't just check recent commits, it checks the whole tree, and will stay red until the tree is fixed.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan