Re: Pre-proposal: unicode normalized text

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Pre-proposal: unicode normalized text
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2024-02-29 at 17:02 -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:
> Attached is an implementation of a per-database option STRICT_UNICODE
> which enforces the use of assigned code points only.

The CF app doesn't seem to point at the latest patch:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/a0e85aca6e03042881924c4b31a840a915a9d349.camel@j-davis.com

which is perhaps why nobody has looked at it yet.

But in any case, I'm OK if this gets bumped to 18. I still think it's a
good feature, but some of the value will come later in v18 anyway, when
I plan to propose support for case folding. Case folding is a version
of lowercasing with compatibility guarantees when you only use assigned
code points.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis