Re: Add the ability to limit the amount of memory that can be allocated to backends.

От Andrei Lepikhov
Тема Re: Add the ability to limit the amount of memory that can be allocated to backends.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 22/5/2023 22:59, reid.thompson@crunchydata.com wrote:
> Attach patches updated to master.
> Pulled from patch 2 back to patch 1 a change that was also pertinent to patch 1.
+1 to the idea, have doubts on the implementation.

I have a question. I see the feature triggers ERROR on the exceeding of
the memory limit. The superior PG_CATCH() section will handle the error.
As I see, many such sections use memory allocations. What if some
routine, like the CopyErrorData(), exceeds the limit, too? In this case,
we could repeat the error until the top PG_CATCH(). Is this correct
behaviour? Maybe to check in the exceeds_max_total_bkend_mem() for
recursion and allow error handlers to slightly exceed this hard limit?

Also, the patch needs to be rebased.

--
regards,
Andrey Lepikhov

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain