Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes

От Andrei Lepikhov
Тема Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 14/3/2024 17:39, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
> Thank you, Andrei.  Looks like a very undesirable side effect.  Do you
> have any idea why it happens?  Partition pruning should work correctly
> for both transformed and non-transformed quals, why does
> transformation hurt it?
Now we have the v23-0001-* patch with all issues resolved. The last one
which caused execution stage pruning was about necessity to evaluate
SAOP expression right after transformation. In previous version the core
executed it on transformed expressions.

 > As you can see this case is not related to partial indexes.  Just no
 > index selective for the whole query.  However, splitting scan by the
 > OR qual lets use a combination of two selective indexes.
Thanks for the case. I will try to resolve it.

--
regards,
Andrei Lepikhov

Вложения

От: shveta malik
Сообщение: Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation
От: Bharath Rupireddy
Сообщение: Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation