Re: Semi-unable to add new records to table--primary key needed?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Semi-unable to add new records to table--primary key needed?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/22/19 4:02 PM, Boylan, Ross wrote:

>> 5) At this point it seems your data is going to live in two worlds and
> in the end it will fall on you to maintain the integrity between the worlds.
>
> That's what I'm afraid of.
>
> The data itself lives only on the backend, but information about it lives in both places.

To make things more interesting table relationships can be hidden in the
Relations tab:

"On the Design tab, in the Relationships group, click All Relationships.

This displays all of the defined relationships in your database. Note
that hidden tables (tables for which the Hidden check box in the table's
Properties dialog box is selected) and their relationships will not be
shown unless the Show Hidden Objects check box is selected in the
Navigation Options dialog box."

> I'm not sure that the relationship synchronization issue is limited to cases with a server backend.  Even the file
baseddata, managed directly by Access, has foreign key relations in it (I'm pretty sure), and those too could be out of
syncwith the Relation objects describing that same data.

Pretty sure that FK's show up in the Relations tab as:

" If you enforce referential integrity for this relationship, the line
appears thicker at each end. In addition, the number 1 appears over the
thick portion of the line on one side of the relationship, and the
infinity symbol (∞) appears over the thick portion of the line on the
other side."

> I also probably need a better understanding of when operations happen in Access SQL vs being passed through to the
server.

Yeah.

The Postgres side can be dealt with by looking at the server log. You
can also enable the ODBC logging, though right now I cannot remember how
to do that.

Don't know how you would do that for the internal Access side of things.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: "Boylan, Ross"
Сообщение: Re: Semi-unable to add new records to table--primary key needed?
От: Andrei Pozolotin
Сообщение: Re: Question: what is proper way to define python function asevent_trigger?