Re: Psql meta-command conninfo+

От Pavel Luzanov
Тема Re: Psql meta-command conninfo+
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 07.02.2024 23:13, Maiquel Grassi wrote:
P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}

Regarding the "system_user" function, as it is relatively new, I added the necessary handling to avoid conflicts with versions lower than version 16.

Yes, that's rights.

A couple of doubts about the implementation details.
But keep in mind that I'm not very good at programming in the C language.
I hope for the help of more experienced developers.

1.
+			if (db == NULL)
+				printf(_("You are currently not connected to a database.\n"));

This check is performed for \conninfo, but not for \conninfo+.

2.
Some values (address, socket) are evaluated separately for \conninfo
(via C functions) and for \conninfo+ (via sql functions).
It may be worth evaluating them in one place. But I'm not sure about that.

The final version of the patch will require changes to the documentation and tests.

--
Pavel Luzanov
Postgres Professional: https://postgrespro.com

Сообщение: Re: glibc qsort() vulnerability
Сообщение: Re: glibc qsort() vulnerability